an important conversation

Midoriya ran up to him.

"shinso! are you ok? you look really worried for some reason..."

"Midoriya! I was waiting for you! I was worried something happed again!" shinso hugged Midoriya and told him to follow him.

the both went down to the beach and found a small party put together by the locals as well as the scrap metal workers and their family's. there was a few small time hero's paroling too but they seemed to be there to mostly have fun and thank them for cleaning the beach. Midoriya almost cried and shinso waved down to everyone, they were all there to thank them.

Midoriyas evening was filled with barbeque food and kids running, everyone was enjoying the beach for the first time in forever. he spent most of his time interviewing the small time heros and asking them for autographs. a lot of the names recognised as he worked with them in the forums, he couldn't do as deep as an analysis as he wanted and could only get surface level notes on their quirks because he didn't want them to know he was deku. when it got dark there was a fire pit and sparklers. the sparklers reminded izuku of ka-chan so he tried to stay clear of them. everyone seemed to be having a good time and they even helped clean up after.

once the party was over they all thanked shinso and Midoriya one last time and left for home. they both stayed there a little longer so they could talk about everything that happened.

"principal nezu made me take an apprenticeship with him so I could pay back the hospital bill, he even said that he would still pay me part of the money I earn! I got to meet powerloader, present mic and midnight! they were all really cool and they didn't hate me, mic and midnight know I'm deku now and they didn't care that I was 13 or had no quirk, it was insane!"

"sounds like you had a good time Midoriya. how long do you have to work and do you have any days off? I really want to hang out with you still over the holiday and I dont want to do it after you come back from work because you must be exhausted right now."

"Nezu said I had Tuesdays and Wednesdays off because that's when there is the least amount of people out and I get to work the hours of the school day, I start at 8 and finish at 3:15. Nezu also said something about teaching me stuff some of the days which will be fun. my grades are only average so hopefully Nezu will help with that."

"speaking of schools, do you know where your going yet? I'm still waiting on my letter from UA."

"I wasn't really planning on going anywhere, I was just going to try to find a job after this apprenticeship is over..."

"oh, I didn't really think you would get a job behind a till or desk. I just always pictured you as a hero or a sidekick with a support degree seeing as you have so many skills and you learn easily."

"really? I never even told you I use to want to be a hero. how did you know?"

"I could tell you were hero material I guess."

"you thought I was hero material? why?"

"you always put others first, to an extent which was less than healthy but I thought that if you learnt to hold back sometimes you would be a really good hero."

"maybe being a hero just isn't for me. I dont mind working at a desk so maybe that's what I'm destined to do." Midoriya laughed, subtly asking shinso to change the subject.

"did Nezu give you any work to do at home?"

"no, but speaking of home I should probably get going. I'm going to try to get an early nights sleep so I can make sure I'm taking in everything that Nezu is going to teach me tomorrow."

"okay, I'll see you on Tuesday then. if you need anything just knock on my door." shinso said, handing him a piece of paper, presumably with his address on.

"thanks shinso, I will do."

they both walked their opposite ways. shinsos words resonated with him for some reason. Midoriya was walking around thinking of what he said, he was brought back when he heard the sound of someone crying. then he heard blasts and people laughing, Midoriya knew that sound to well. he legs started moving before he could think and soon enough he was face to face with ka-chan and his friends. he was standing in front of the kid who looked the same age as them, he told him to run and that he had it covered but he was lying. the kid ran and went out of view.

ka-chan was furious, he grabbed him by the neck and shoved him against the wall. he was talking about how easy it would be to burn and kill him but killing a weakling would be too easy so he just burned him instead. he loosened his grip and Midoriya fell to the ground, his neck killing him. then he felt a kick to the stomach followed by a kick to the head, those were the trademarked moves of ka-chans friends. he knew what was about to follow, a right hook followed by a knee to the stomach and finally he would pick him up my his arms and blast until they were practically charred so he couldn't fightback even if he wanted to. then about 1-2 minutes of them making fun of him until they ran.

his head and arms were bleeding, the stitch in his leg also opened. he was bleeding so much that a small blood trail was left behind. getting up the stairs and opening his door was the most painfull part. he shut the door behind him just as his body seemed to fail him. he wasn't granted the pleasure of passing out, he was stuck laying in his cold hallway all night. he could hear the rain outside which helped but he only fell asleep when it started to get light outside, even then he wasn't sure weather he actually passed out or just dozed off. izuku felt like he was going to die.