Day of the exam part 2

Aizawa gave Midoriya his bag and sat back down. Midoriya instantly looked through it to see if anything had been taken, he couldn't see anything that was missing or appeared to be obviously moved. Then he looked up to him with such a scared look that it practically broke his heart. This was the smart and happy kid they were talking to this whole time. He was too thin for it to be healthy, he had bags under his eyes and he had so many injuries it was unreal. Nonetheless he had to pretend he didn't know him.

"What happened?" He said bluntly

Izuku didn't know what he was expecting, he clearly did know that he was deku but he winced all the same.

"I... I- I fell." He muttered, looking down gripping the blanket over him.

"Those scars are older as well as some of the other injuries. Don't lie or I'll have to bring my friend from the police department in."

Midoriya knew who he was talking about, it was tsukauchi. He had a truth detecting quirk. He couldn't bear for anyone else to see him like that.

"My friend was just practicing his quirk and he sometimes caught me in the crossfire... it's not that big of a deal" izuku waited for him to say something but all he did was nod. He felt awful for lying to him and it made it worse to be around him but he didn't want to get ka-chan in trouble.

"You will have to retake the test at a later date by yourself due to the circumstances."

"Oh... that doesn't matter. I was only here for my friend... he said he would be nervous without me there and I don't want him to fail..."

Aizawa nodded again and decided to go have a chat with his friend, he probably wasn't the one practicing his quirk on him but he had to make sure he didn't know who was. He also suspected that there was a different reason shinso made Midoriya tag along.

"One of your parents will have to sign you out as you are not yet a student at UA. You will have to stay here until then."

He was about to walk away until Midoriya went to say something then closed his moth again.

"What are you going to say?"

"Um.... my dad works overseas, he won't be able to unless it's digital..."

"What about your mom?"

Izuku stared at him. Did they not know?

He disrupted the silence and said she was busy.

"If no one comes to collect you by the time the exams are over you will have to walk back home. Your friend said you had to walk a while. That isn't smart then you have stitches practically everywhere."

"I know..." he mumbled again, shrinking in on himself waiting for aizawa to start yelling at him.

Seeing the kid like that was not something he enjoyed. He would have to look through his file for his address so he could tell tsukauchi to investigate. For now he should ask his friend about him as he clearly won't open up at all to him.

Eraserhead got up and left but before he was out the room he turned back and said "call me aizawa problem child. Eraserhead is too formal, I'm aizawa when I'm not on duty" the. He walked away.

He went to the exam room and sat down, having to sit next to the glorified politician all might was awful. He wouldn't stop talking and asking where he was but he just ignored him and focused on shinso. He had got a good amount of points, he was going to get into class 1b at this rate. He was watching his movements, they were amateur and obviously self taught but they were effective, he suspected Midoriya knew the same moves too as they seemed to both train together.

Once the exam was over he caught shinso making his way to the nurses office, he took this as an opportunity to ask him about Midoriya.

"Shinso! I need to speak to you!"

"Yeah, sure. Is Midoriya okay?" Shinso replied with obvious urgency in his voice

"He's doing fine but I would like to know everything you do about him. I'm concerned for his health."

"Um well... it's not really my place to say but I'm worried about him too so you can't tell him I told you this..."

"I won't"

"A few times at training I could tell he was in pain, I thought it was from muscle strain but I'm second guessing that now. On one occasion he fell to the floor holding his stomach, he was starving to death. I've been making sure he's been getting food since then but it's going to take a while before he gets use to eating more often. He also sometimes fell asleep at the beach while we were cleaning it. I could tell he wasn't in the best condition but i didn't know it was this bad... do you know how it happened?"

Aizawa was so angry, he was going through all this?! He should have said something!! But he had to remain professional and pretend he didn't know deku "I suspect abuse at home or bullying from other kids." He continued "He stopped responding when I mentioned his mom and he said his dad was overseas, he also mentioned a friend practicing his quirk but him getting in the way but I think that he was the target. Do you know where he live by any chance?"

"No, he never invited me over but I know he lives in one of the apartments on the way to my school. That's where I met him."

Aizawa gave a confused look

"I was being hurt by some classmates because of my quirk, he saved me and then helped me patch up after too..." he paused for a moment then muttered "that's how he knew what to do..."

"What did you say shinso? I couldn't hear you."

"He knew exactly what to do for all my wounds, when I questioned him he said he learnt it off herotube which wouldn't necessarily be a lie if that's how he had to learn how to cover his own wounds."

"Thank you. That's all the information I need. Now moving on to your performance in the exam. Where did you learn you moves and get your items for the exam. They we're definitely self taught, Your moves were all over the place but they were supremely effective. Your items, were you sponsored by a big company to test them and promote them?" If he couldn't say it to his face then at least his friend might tell him.

"Um... well... Midoriya helped me with both of them... he is too nice for his own good. He picked up loads of new skills to help me... we would often free run on the night and he spent until sunset after school helping me workout at the beach while also cleaning it. I'm pretty sure he spent most nights working on our gadgets too as he didn't look like he got much sleep. I wanted to help him but the only solution I had was to use my quirk on him and I didn't really want to do that after everything he done for me..."

That shocked aizawa, the condition that Midoriya was in and he was able to do that as well as help with the cases and analyse the villains.

"And is that why you made him take the exam with you? You wanted to make him a hero?"

"Not exactly... but yes. He told me that he use to want to be a hero but something must've happened because he just gave up on it. I knew he hadn't really, he just lost all confidence that he could become one in the first place. So I found a way to make him take the exam with me in an attempt to repay him. I was hoping he could get in and maybe see that he could become a hero... he was always helping me, it was like I was all he had left and no cost was too great for him. He once prioritised buying me a book over food. I just want him to be ok."

Aizawa couldn't stand any of the thought he had of what happened to shatter his confidence. He needed to confront principal nezu on this. But for any action to be taken he needed to be a student.

"Come with Me" the hero said

He lead shinso to the principles office but before they went in he said "you want to repay your friend? State a case as to why he should be here. If it's a good enough argument he might bend some rules and not make him take the exam separately where he can slack off"