Chapter 14

Park Jimin's POV

She have a balance between innocence and confidence, shyness and forwardness. Something I learned about her today and it kept me on my toes the whole day. She is unpredictable, and it's refreshing, surprising,  and it leaves me wanting more. It has nothing to do with her body-- Okay, a little, I mean who doesn't like a good fuck? But I want her. In the sense of being entirely captivated by her way of thinking, and the way those eyes dilated when she looks at me, the way her breathing quickens, and how she always look down when she blushes.

I had expected her to push me away, or slap me out when i kissed her, but unexpectedly she didn't. I am still trying to find out why she didn't. 

"--Trust me, you'll hate tomorrow's menu!" Jungkook casually threw his arm on her shoulder, whilst two of them make their way towards me-- my table. Although I know jungkook treats her as a sister but this still annoyed me that she can just let her loose whenever jungkook is around.

I watched as the two of them had plates on their hands, laughing together. They might have a longer past together, and jungkook high key know her well-- but seriously, must she laugh that heartily with him? What's so funny that they have to behave that way. I forked in a piece of chicken wing that's already on my plate.

They sat across me, with jungkook beside her. "You look like you're murdering that already dead chicken" Jungkook eyed my plate, and back at me. His stoic face turning into a smirk. He knows, he knows what's up, that's his knowing smirk at my unhappy expression. This son of a-

"As i was saying, you'll hate lunch tomorrow. There's your number one hated vegetable- Okra. I bet you won't even want to know what the soup is going to be" He shook his head disapprovingly, as the two of them scrunched their nose in synchronisation. "Broccoli" She sighed, as he nodded.

I grudgingly picked my food up and started munching on it and sat quietly while looking at the two of them sharing their common hate- food

"See Vera, I know you so well" Jungkook spoke, his face mixed into mine, flaunting.

Yeah, he knows her well. I get it. Lately he's been getting on my nerves, ever since there's Veronica.

Jungkook eyed me again, his smirk forming into small smile. "Oh yeah, you guys were missing when everyone was busy preparing dinner. What were you guys up to?" Jungkook questioned, shifting his gaze between Veronica and me.

"W-we were just-" Veronica started,

"Ah, no excuses. You two didn't help out, So I as your trainor, will have to give you some punishment for that" He cut her, "Why don't the two of you stay behind after dinner and wash the plates and cutlery" He finished.

He knows I don't do shit like that.

"You will do it right?" He looked at me. "I mean, you wouldn't let vera do all the job by herself right? There's really a pile there, it will take her the whole night to get it clean-"

This little trouble maker.

"Of course", I said through gritted teeth. There's no way I am going to let Veronica do all that by herself. Besides, think of the bright side. I'll get to spend time with her. 

Mental note to myself: Deal with jungkook later.

Jungkook grinned, "Such a gentleman. Never knew you as the type to help out with that. Especially with washing" He continued grinning as Veronica just listened quietly as if this is all just the way boys talk.

**********

Veronica stood up, cleared her plates on the table, and started walking towards the sink area.

Now's the time.

"You monkey"- I started.

"I'm loving this!"- jungkook grinned.

"Look at poor Vera now" He pointed towards her washing sink by herself, "The lesser you argue with me, the more faster washing can be done. The more time you have with her, can be spend in the tent" He smirked, winningy. Knowing he's right up to certain extent.

I can't believe i am defeated so easily. I picked up my plates and headed towards where Veronica is, where the sight of plates and cutlery came into view-- stacked up messily, left by people who just conveniently left it there.

I'll see them in office.

***********

Ahn Veronica's POV

"Your watch, you should take it off" I said, when jimin stood beside me and started picking up the plates under the running water

"Your watch, you should take it off" I said, when jimin stood beside me and started picking up the plates under the running water. "I mean it looks expensive, it will be a pity if-"

"Take it off for me, will you?" He offered me his arm, as his eyes fell onto me; meeting my gaze.

My heart......Not again. Does it always have to do this everytime he comes near me? My head rushes back to the memory of him kissing my cheeks, forehead- and gosh, it was so close when he was about to kiss me on my lips earlier on.

What the hell, Veronica? Stop doing that, Stop thinking about lewd fantasy like that.

I rushed and unclasped the watch off him. The faster it's done, The faster we can wash in peace.

EVERY THING THAT YOU FEEL IS JUST A CHEMICAL REACTION INSIDE YOUR HEAD.

I reminded myself.

He bent down to my eye level, and his face came closer to mine before it came to a stop slightly a few centi metres away. "Thank You, Veronica" He said-- his voice raspy but deep.

My face heated up upon his words. I never knew a THANK YOU could sound so hot and-

My heart palpated again, his eyes fixed into mine. The warm and fuzzy feeling building up.....

I remembered my brother's word. He told me before-- that when humans feel 'warm and fuzzy', that means they had more brain tissue in the orbitofrontal cortex, which is the area where brain processed certain pleasures. In other words, I am pleased?

What am I even pleased about? His 'Thank you'? or because of his presence?

He chuckled and smiled down at me, before he continued washing his plates. While leaving me there speechless, not knowing what am i even feeling.

**********

a/n

I don't know if my story is boring or what but i like to take things slow, sorry if it's not going you way. personally I think it's not good enough--or is it because my expectation had went up? LOl!