Chapter 1

𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Unknowingly, I had spent one week working with the man rumoured to be ruthless. At first it intimidates me, but fortunately, it isn't anything like that. He is just ruthless when it comes to business meetings and discussing about deals. Sure, he is aggressive but he exactly knows what he wants, Besides aren't all leaders the same? Someone confident and hardworking. I've seen him clinched several deals smoothly and effectively. It's a trait to be admired. 𝘞𝘦𝘭𝘭, 𝘐 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘺 '𝘳𝘶𝘮𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴' 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘳𝘶𝘮𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴.

"Veronica" -His voice interrupted my thoughts. He towered over me, having just return from the meeting. Acoording to him, it was a simple follow-up to sign the contract hence i wasn't needed. "Come to my office, now" -He instructed and I nodded, obediently following behind him.

He placed a box of cake and a cup of coffee in front of me. "sit" -He ordered, i did as told. "I hope you like cheesecake and vanilla cream Frappuccino" -He handed me a fork.

"Mr. Park, I-"

"If you're thinking of eating this later, then no. Eat this now, veronica. This is an order. I know you skipped your lunch, again".  He raised his eyebrows. "I admire a competent woman, but please rest when you should" -He advised and and stared right into my eyes. 𝘏𝘦'𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵.

"A little, then" -I humbly took a bite then took a sip out of drink.

He glanced on me and I looked at him blankly.

"Do you girls always do this whenever there's whipped cream involved?" -He asked

𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵? My eyebrows furrowed.

"Two options: (1) Get the napkins and wipe your lips OR (2) I will lick it off for you." 𝘉𝘺 𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘐 𝘢𝘮 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘢𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴. 𝘏𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘥𝘰 𝘪𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘸𝘢𝘺.

 𝘏𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘥𝘰 𝘪𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘸𝘢𝘺

The sudden realisation hits me. There's probably cream on the corner of my lips. I quickly licked it off with my tongue, while his eyes continued to stare at my lips.

"I will get back to work now, Mr. Park" -I informed, after I'd spent 15 minutes in his office finishing up the cake and coffee. "Thank you for -"

"Veronica, I think I have made it clear to you many times, call me Jimin" -He speaks, as he put his hands on pockets. 𝘓𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘣𝘰𝘴𝘴. 𝘞𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘴𝘴, 𝘮𝘺 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘥.

 𝘞𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘴𝘴, 𝘮𝘺 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘥

"You can go home now. Any other works will have to be done on Monday" -He ordered, giving me no chance to rebut at all.

𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥.

*************************

"Vernica! Honey, could you deliever these finger foods to the customers by the pool please? Table no. 38 and Table no. 39" -Auntie 'A-yeong' called and I immediately took over. My life revolves around working.

Monday to friday, I'm PA (personal assistant) of Mr. Park Jimin for Park Enterprises. On saturdays, i work at 'Busan-paradise resort and hotel' as a part-time waitress.

I thread carefully through the slippery floor to get to the table side which is located all the way at the other end, with the kids who are actively running around the pool, its quite a task to balance these, along with the 4.0" heels i'm wearing.

Two kids sudenly shireked at the top of their lungs, running head on towards me, I changed the balance and shift to the the left to avoid them, but heels slipped on a puddle of water, i slipped and fell into the pool, I coughed the water out after my head is out of the pool. The two men sat on the pool loungers was staring at me, their eyes kept travelling to my body. 

I was just being embarassed there suddenly i felt someone's hand on my waist, it was jimin's....he pulled me up and carried me in his arms. Before i could even rationalise the whole situation, i was brought away by him.

 Before i could even rationalise the whole situation, i was brought away by him

𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨? 𝘮𝘺 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘥.

W...What are you doing here!? -I asked

"What am i doing here? are you kidding me?? Don't you know I am the owner of this resort" -He answered. THEN,

He took the elevator up and took out his card key before scanning it to the suite room. He put me down, "W-What are you doing?" -I asked, mortified by his sudden abrupt actions.

With seething eyes, his face hardened and lips formed into a thin line. He suddenly threw me a towel as i stood there confused at his actions.

"Showing them those seductive sight" -He trailed, his eyes pierced onto mine, "Are you out of your mind?!" -He scowled. I've never seen him this way before and it intimidated me, really !!

"What are you talking -?"

"Do you want to change by yourself or would you like me to help you strip instead?"-He questioned with such intensity, such demand as he slowly made his way to me.

I suddenly grew conscious of my body before i understood what he meant. I looked down at my attire. The white shirt already see-through, leaving a sight of my black classic lace bra.

Embarrasment took over me immediately as i covered my breast area with the towel he threw to me. 

"You don't even realise" -He muttered, "How defenceless you are?" -He sighed angrily.

"I am sorry, and thank you for -"

"Listen" -He ordered, cutting me off again. 

"I am not okay with it, I am not okay with them looking at you that way" -He stated in a low tone.

I stood there silently. 

𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘪 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵?

𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸.

 ***********