Chapter 3

𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐉𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

She is infurating, frustrating, Interesting, captivating..She drives me nuts.

It's been exactly five days after the dance...and nothing changed. It's as if she has made that invisible line between a boss and employee. Over the last five days, I went strictly- professional to see if she will try to get my attention but clearly, she isn't bothered at all or affected by it.

Instead, it backfired on me and leaves me frustrated, even more. this have to change.

"Hey brother", 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗸 𝗵𝘆𝘂𝗻, in to my office. 𝘋𝘪𝘴𝘳𝘶𝘱𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦.

 𝘋𝘪𝘴𝘳𝘶𝘱𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦

"Why are you here?" I asked him.

"Can't I come without a reason?". "By the way your new PA-"

"Don't even try to lay a hand on her and keep your eyes to yourself"

He scoffed. "Are you actually being territorial now?"

"I am not" I denied. 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵, my mind mocked me.

"Anyway, I wanted to inform you that I barged in here without her knowledgde. She had went to get something from the pantry so i slipped in. And i came here to give you my wedding invitation. When you're busy partying all week with tons of other girls in the night club, it's hard to contact you.

I rolled my eyes. 𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥.

"Talk about your PA, it;s the first time i'm seeing you vexed over a girl. Have you actually gone into the first base yet, brother?" His eyebrows quirked up.

"it's a strikeout", I replied.

"Holy shit, she's good! I like her already" He applauded, Excitement evident in his eyes.

Well, she's innocent. Never been in love. But packed with an attitude. She knows exactly what she wants and what she doesn't. she is stubborn, have a lot of self control, isn't easily swayed and persuaded. That makes her a dangerous woman. She rejected my offer to take her home the other night. "She reasoned it with a taxi app she had that's assured to be safe." I complained bitterly.

"And you said you don't like her" He hummed, "Yeah...keep deluding yourself, player. If you're not careful, it might burn you....more" He walks out the office, with a cheeky grin. 

Me? burnt by Veronica? No way.

I'm just intrigued by her innocence. That's all.

....Right?

A knock on the door brought my mind back to the reality. Veronica entered, her scent seeped into me- "Mr. Park, the meeting with Mr. Kim will start in 5 minutes. I've prepared all the presentations and slides in the meeting room. He's due to arrive now" She informed. 𝘈𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘧𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘭. 

"Thank you, and Veronica I will need you to sit in the meeting later". She nodded and left.

Five minutes passed by fast, as Veronica and I await outside the lift on our floor to welcome Mr. Kim, The CEO of Kim inc. responsible for the world-wide top chosen brand for cyber security, locks and security. A man in his 50s but still holds a great influence in this business circle.

"Mr. Park, it's a pleasure meeting you again" -I exchanged firm handshake with Mr. Kim, "And this beautiful lady here?" He turned to Veronica. 𝘈𝘭𝘴𝘰, 𝘢 𝘸𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘨𝘦, 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘨𝘶𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨.

"Good afternoon Mr. Kim, I'm Ahn Veronica, Mr. Park's personal assistant." She introduced herself confidently. 𝘏𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘹𝘺

"Ah, it's so nice meeting you, Ms. Ahn" He looked at her lustfully, and took her hand; giving  a peck on the back of her hand.

I observed her, and she didn't flinched at all.

"Let's get back to the meeting, shall we?" I asked, trying to shake off the irritation that's growing.

************

𝗩𝗲𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗶𝗰𝗮'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩

He is assertive, aggressive, dominating....and right now he is in an extremely bad mood.

"No deal" His chest heaved in anger, "Our hotel have always focused strongly on its securities, and veronica only superior and premium rooms will get these benefits -He continued on with his points. 𝘏𝘪𝘴 𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘤 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨, 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦. It is no wonder that he built a hotel empire across the world, and owning the world's biggest chain of branded hotels all before his 25th birthday, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘥𝘮𝘪𝘳𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦. 

The meeting continued on for further half an hour, until Mr. Kim had to stand down and agree to Jimin's demands. Despite their unhappiness, I respect their professionalism. We stood outside the lift before Mr. Kim turned to me, when the door of lift opens.

"Goodbye, Ms. Ahn" Mr. Kim took a step forward, "For now" He round me up in a quick hug with a kiss on both of my cheeks. 𝘒𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘪𝘵 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘧𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘭,𝘝𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘢. I smiled as he entered, and the door of lift closes.

"You" Mr. Park pointed at me, his eyes was burning with anger. "Come into my office now" He barked.

 "Come into my office now" He barked

𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘪𝘵 𝘣𝘦?

**************