Chapter 10

Ahn Veronica's POV

I never understood how is it possible to spent hours up thinking about someone. I mean, how can someone not value sleep more than anything. It wasn't until today that i realised i am doomed. I don't even know how i ended up having only 3 hours sleep. The whole time my mind was wide awake recalling every word he had said during that few seconds of talk... and the hug too. Oh! How could i forget his warmth and heartbeat?

"Veronica..." I heard a faint voice near the distant, "Veronica?..." Now i'm hearing his voice in my head too?  "Veronica" His face came into my image, that tone he always used on me. Is he really here?  My heart pounded excitedly. He should be here, right? Do his rounds and check on his employees and-

What the hell, Veronica? Did you just wondered if he'll be here? The expectation is-

I shook my head, and now i can clearly see. "Aunty A-yeong" I muttered, after realising that what i had seen was just an illusion. This is driving me crazy. This whole thing is-

"Are you okay, honey? Is something wrong?" She asked in concern. "Yeah, yeah, um lack of sleep." I blamed-- Which is technically true. Aunty A-yeong patted my shoulder, "Ah you're still young. A little bit sleepless night is alright. If there's any other problem you can approach me." She smiled, and i nodded. She is such a lovely person, i smiled to myself.

"Veronica" His image came into my mind. Not again. I groaned, and blinked several times, shaking my head. Only this time, he is still there gloriously in front of the cashier counter. Why is he here? Can't i hide myself now? Is this for real?

"You look deprived of sleep" He smirked. Oh god, this is real. He is real. I groaned internally -- Will my days continue being this way? Flustered? Lack of sleep? Thinking of him? Having dark circles?...and heart skipping a beat when i see him?

"How can i help you sir?" I asked, changing the topic. I can't show him what i am thinking. There is no way i would admit to this attraction.

He chuckled after observing me. "Yes please. Give me one Basil white wine" I typed his order, "and one green tea" I typed in. I requested for the payment and took the cash then proceed to making his order.

"Here's your order sir" I handed him two drinks. He took the wine, "Thanks" and walked to the seat nearest to me. I looked at him blankly, "That's yours" He pointed to the drink that's still on my hand. "To freshen you up." He smirked and sipped his own drink.

What? I-I've to reject him.

"It's an order" He nodded and ordered.

"Hi, I would like-" A few customers lined up and since i was alone, i've to keep on my toes and get my hand in the game. Although, the whole time his eyes were fixed on me. Don't think about anything, and actually work, I chanted to myself.

I groaned in exploded frustration. "Must you keep on looking at me like that while i work?"

"Yup" He nodded lightly and smirked. Why is he smirking? oh god-

"Am i distracting you, Veronica?" He asked.

"Yes, Mr. Park" I admitted without thinking.

"That's good then" He smiled and sipped his drink, "You've been a distraction for me for quite a lot lately, too."

Huh!?

I was about to open my mouth and ask, "There's customers" He notified.

Right. I flustered and composed myself well, and proceed to take the orders. Again, his eyes are fixed on me. Once i was done with the current customer, i knew i had to confront him.

 Once i was done with the current customer, i knew i had to confront him

"Why are you looking at me like-"

"I told you, didn't I? That i'll make you realise your feelings for me."

"Y-You remembered?" I stuttered. "I thought...you were drunk?"

"You thought wrong" He smirked, "I have a high tolerance for alcohol" He assured me. Okay...Well, it's awkward...

"I nodded, not knowing what to say."

He gulped down his last sip. "It's been fun teasing you, Veronica" He stated. Tease? H-he was t-teasing me all along? He stood up from his seat but instead of walking away, he opens the counter door and stood next to me. He took me by my waist quickly and before i realised it, i was in his arms again. Wrapped in a hug.

 "I love it when i am the only one who can make you so flustered" He whispered into my ears

 "I love it when i am the only one who can make you so flustered" He whispered into my ears. This is inappropriate and my heart is beating so fas- "I'll see you on Monday, then" His warmth left as soon as he left, i felt cold and slightly disappointed as he turned his back on me and started walking away.

"Veronica?" He called out and my head shot right back up reflexively. "We should start making this an everyday thing" He said and this time, walked away.

What?

What is the 'this' was he referring to?  Why isn't he making himself clear?

*************

Park Jimin's POV

I chuckled to myself. Surely, she didn't get me again. The Hug-- it'll be nice if we can start doing it everytime we see each other. It gave me a certain confirmation on her feelings for me-- especially when her heart beats so fast.

I have been itching to disturb her, tease her, see her, and getting a reaction out of her.

Now i am beginning to dislike Sunday. 24 hours is too longggg...

****************