Chapter 30

Ahn Veronica's POV

It's been one week since it happened-- when Jungkook took me by surprise and gave me a hug that I could never find the courage to return. Because Jimin was standing there and I could only  find myself looking over Jungkook's shoulder; eyes locked with Jimin. My eyes couldn't stay away from him and I felt utterly guilty for it. More so when Jimin walked away...It was as if my heart dropped right to the pit of my stomach. I could remember vividly his expression-- his jaw hardened and his fist tightened.

I had thought that it was only just another hug but how did it turned out into a confession? I don't even know if Jungkook was kidding when he told me that he had feelings for me. It took me by surprise and I honestly rejected him at the spot but...

He asked to try.

And somehow, i don't know how, or why, but I said yes to that-- to being Jungkook's girlfriend.

**********

Here I am now, standing right in front of the VIP room-- belonging to  Jimin; who requested for room service. I am not even part of the hotel 'service room' crew but miraculously, I was asked to deliever this by-the-pool drink to him.

While I am still pretty much wrapped around what had happened that night, a part of me was relieved that Jimin didn't come and bother me-- not because I was annoyed but I don't feel comfotable about him knowing that I had become his best friend's girlfriend. His best friend that has been treating the girl he still likes, with so much love, care and concern to the point she feels blissful.

I don't even know what I am thinking sometimes. My mind is all over the place and this never fails to let me be in awe of how complex the human brain and body could be. How are we even designed to be this way? How did the human-

Suddenly, I was pulled in abruptly into the room and after few seconds had passed, only then I did realised that his lips were already on mine--Jimin's lips. His kiss was hard, urgent and somehow it makes my kness go weak. The tray of drink that was on my hand was toppled over the floor, making a mess out of it--thank god for the carpet though; the glasses didn't break.

Seriously, how could I even think about the carpet when his lips are still on mine?

Get back on your feet, Veronica!

I pushed him away and wiped my mouth. I love his touch but a part of me was angry and confused. My heart continued beating fast feeling guilty about it. Both to him and Jungkook. To Jungkook that I let Jimin kiss me and to somehow like it; and to Jimin for being with his best friend. But Jimin has to know about it right?

"This can never happen again. I am with Jungkook now. I am his girlfriend. I am-"

He took his steps forward and staggered me back until my back hits the wall. "Veronica, Do you really think I do not know what's going on around? Do I look like as if I've no fucking idea that you agreed to be Jungkook's girl?" He questioned me and waited for an answer from me.

But what do I even answer to that?

"If you already know, then why do you still-"

"Do you love him?" He cut me off and I blink repeatedly and quickly. We are just trying out...but..

"Do.You.Love.Him? Answer me, Veronica" He demanded.

"Just-" I pushed him away slightly from me, "Just know that this can't happen again"

"Well that's too bad, because I can't promise you that" He smirks.

What do I do now? Continue with the bickering? Or just run out of this room? The latter sounds good to me now but how do I do that. What excuses should I-