Chapter 32

Ahn Veronica's POV

I breathed a sigh of relief upon seeing Scarlett rise up from her chair. The influence of the call she received few minutes ago is apparently taking it's effect; resulting in the trigger for her to leave and I couldn't be more thankful than that.

All of us stood up after her, Jungkook wrapped his arms around my shoulders; then interwined them together through his fingers. Leaving both Jimin and Scarlett's eyes fixed on our hands.

"Must you really do this in front of me, Jungkook?" Scarlett asked. "It's really heartless" She added, her chest rise up after taking a deep breath.

What does she even mean by that?

Jimin cleared his throat to break away Scarlett's glare towards Jungkook-- who was ignoring her. I don't know, but girls instinct-- something is going on. I just hope Jungkook could tell me himself about what's going on between him and Scarlett. Pretty sure something had happened for them to be this awkward.

"Well" She grabbed her handbag, "It was nice catching up with all of you..." She paused slightly, "I guess I'll see you soon guys" She bid goodbye and sashayed out of the cafe.

Leaving an awkward situation between me, Jungkook and Jimin. I don't if it's just me but...

"Veronica," Jimin started; interrupting my thoughts while my body just went stiff over him calling my name. Jungkook looked down at me, as if  he knew how I had felt. "Vera, I'll walk you to the pool" Jungkook cut in, and almost dragged me away from him. Have I really strained their friendship?

The walk to the pool with Jungkook was quite and it's unlike him to be this quite. He has always been the noisy one--the guy who teases and talks about everything under the sun.

"You've been very quite today..." I started. "Want to share with me something-?"

"I am fine, Vera. Don't worry" He assured, though it sounded like a lie. But I just couldn't help but to be concerned over him.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Very" He smiled and tighten his grasp on my fingers. Should I probe further.

"Well you might be able to make me feel better" He winked, "Tonight" He ended his sentence.

The amount of wink he misuses at some random times.....

*********

The rain poured even heavier than it already was. I called a cab and was praised by the taxi driver that I was super lucky because it was the busy period of time plus it was raining; and in usual cases there's no one that could get a cab by using app.

I reached in front of Jungkook's house gate before I decided to call him and let him know I'm here.

"Jungkook" I started, "Are you at home now?". This-surprising-of-boyfriend-thing is kind of exciting.