Chapter 37

Ahn Veronica's POV

I followed Jungkook outside and walked up to him quitely. My head filled with all the different scenarios and arguments that could possibly happen.

"Jungkook-" I started.

"It's not me that you wanted" He said immediately and leaned against the wall as I face towards him. Is he already doing the concluding scene?  "Do you love him?" He asked again.

"Yes" I muttered quitely. "But-"

"Your heart never belonged to me. It has only been and always for him. I pretty much unserstood that Vera" He said calmly. Wait, what? Are we not going to argue over the fact that I cheated on him that night?

"Jungkook-" I tried again and he cut me off once again.

"You never tried searching for an explanation from him--why he was gone and left you. You never tried asking for any reason but your heart simply learned to 'forgive' him" He continued.

"Jungkook why are saying all this-" I rambled on, getting quite irritated because he's been cutting me off since the first word. I am pissed off that Jungkook is trying to be calm when clearly, he's heartbroken. It's written on his face.

"I want the best for you even if you're not mine" He said and looked directly into my eyes. "I told you before Vera, I want you to try for us and you tried, it didn't work-- but I am more than contended with what we managed to share. Honestly, its disappointing to know what had happened that night between you and him but-"

"Jungkook stop" I warned him. But to my surprise he took steps forward towards me. "Remember the conversation we once had? I told you before, your happiness is the utmost important to me" He continued.

"Stop!" I pushed him away, "Why are you saying all these? Why are you pushing me away to him when I had chosen you?" I argued.

"Because it's not what your heart agreed on. You and I both know that"

"But-" I tried to argue, but no words could  cover any of it. I couldn't even lie. "I am sorry, Jungkook. I am really sorry. I really tried to-"

"Then that's enough for me" He cut me off, for the countless time, and patted my head. "You tried that's enough for me. You apologised for your mistake, I accept it. So Vera, do me a favour now and be honest of your feelings to him" Jungkook said.

How in the hell did he even have the mood to say something like this dusring this time. I can't believe him. He's so selfless it's making me triple the times guilty than I should be. But yet I couldn't do anything to help him lighten the feeling of being hurt and disappointement.

"Ah, I have an appointment to go now. I'll see you soon Vera. But not too soon. I need time to heal" He said coolly, and looked over my shoulder, "Jimin, get a firm hold of Vera" He said and started walking away as I stood there dumb-founded and rooted. Is he behind me? No, it can't be. Well, it can be!

I turned around and true enough, Jimin is standing there with Scarlett by his side--who's already glaring at me. "Congratulations Vera, you've just been awarded by me for the most selfish and cruel bitch ever" Scarlett spoke chased after Jungkook who had walked away, While Jimin stood there looking at me. She's right. I've been selfish; too much selfish.

Jimin continued looking at me without saying a word; which makes me wonder how long exactly had they--or rather he--been there?

"Hey" I muttered quitely, The very genius greeting I could think of right now. I can't even face this man. I have hurt him way too much, used him that night and abandon him cruelly.

"You've been very dishonest" He said and made an eye contact with me while I looked at him quizzically. What is he even talking about? My heart started racing. How could this even happen without him saying anything important? He always manages to control my emotions, my feelings.

But...I've been really bad and In fact, I don't deserve him at all.

"I am sorry" I blurted out. Wow, I am definitely being honest right now.

"You've been saying that alot lately" He said. "Are you going to push me away again?" He paused, "Or are you going to be honest with your feelings?" He asked.

Huh?

"Start answering me honestly, Veronica" He said coolly. "Was it a mistake that night?"

"No"

His face lighten up, his eyes a little more alive than before.

"Did it mean something to you?"

"Yes, it meant something to me" I replied.

"Do you love me?"

I looked at his eyes who's fixed on mine, searching for an answer. I don't know if I could really answer him honestly because let's be truthful here, I don't deserve all this love from him. But, who am I kidding actually? I really do love him.

"Yes, I love you" I admitted, as if on cue, he leans forward and pressed himself against me--who's trapped by the wall on my back.

"You don't know how long I've waited to hear that from you" He said and kisses me, hard.

Confused to how love can be so easily 'forgivable' and amazed by his ability to melt me down  instantly and take all my negative thoughts away, I closed my eyes and let that kiss burn me--to nothing but his. To the familiarity. To love.

*************

a/n

ONE MORE CHAPTER TO GO!!! It will be the epilogue!

THE. FINAL. CHAPTER.

(Gosh, I never wanted to end this but its ok)