Chapter 23

Ahn Veronica's POV

"Why the smirk?" I looked at Tae blankly upon seeing that sly smile on his face, as he was plotting something evil. I was only five minutes gone from the seat to the ladies washroom, to find him already behaving this way.

 I was only five minutes gone from the seat to the ladies washroom, to find him already behaving this way

"You'll see" He crossed his legs and took a sip off his water. I looked to him skeptically, half annoyed too- since I never liked how people tend to keep secret off me-- especially if I have the inner voice inside me telling me it's related to me; or about me.

In, strolled-- and almost stomping-- a furious Jimin; eyes straight on and connected to mine.

How did he...Why is he here..

I looked back and forth between Taehyung and Jimin, a relaxed expression VS a furious one. Why do I feel like I'm stuck between them.

"You" Jimin growled and took my arm, abruptly making me stood up from my seat, "I can't stand the sight of you with someone else" He continued; leaving me speechless-- only to blink repeatedly. "You are coming with me" He grabbed my handbag and pulled me out of the restaurant. The whole time, my eys went to Taehyung, who conveniently showed Jimin the way out-- using his hand signs-- pleased and all smiles plastered on his face.

--------------

"What are you doing?" I scowled, upon contact of my butt on his car seat.

"Taking you away from him, that's what it is!" He shouted back. The small space inside the car makes his voice echo much more louder than what it seems to be.

"And why should you? There's no reason for you to be-"

"There is" He said and started the engine.

"I don't think there is any" I argued back, and his face immediately turned towards me-- a murder look.

Did I say wrongly?

He drove silently for about a fifteen minutes, before he came to an abrupt stop.

"The way you smile whenever you are with him..."He started, "It was brightest, earnest. Something you never gave me" I kept my mouth silent and listened further.

"The memory of my past keeps on haunting me whenever I am jealous, or feel compared" He admitted. "My mother died when I was five only. I was left in the care of my father who was always busy in running his own business, he didn't give me any affection or care. He had time for me, but he invested everything on his business. We had dinner everyday when I was young, but it was always silent. He never even questioned me about 'How am I doing? How was my day?'..and things like that" He looked down, "I knew nothing about him, neither does he. He wasn't even interested. This kept going on until one day, he came home and told me that he's going to adopt a son-- someone in his company who has worked under him for several years-- someone competent in his work, and 'closer to him than his own son'--exactly how he had said it. I am his son, for fuck's sake! I am his son yet he didn't put in any effort, instead, he showed what he should be giving me to someone else? For all these years, I had yearn for his love and care but never received any. Yet, someone else gets to get it?" He started sobbing.

My heart aches upon hearing all these, and unconsciously, my heart goes out to him, and my hands instantly reached out to hug him

 "I am never good at jealousy, and I don't like being compared. I don't like to feel that the person I love-- someone else could do a better job in making them happy than I do. And right now.." He looked at me. "It seems Taehyung is doing a better job at making you happy. I don't like that, and I am most definitely not okay with that"

"So you..." I started, "You pushed me away because I made you feel like you were compared to another man?"

"Yeah, From now on I'll stay away from you because you are also just like my father"

"I am not like him!" I argued. "I am not your father. If only you told me this earlier and let me understand what you're thinking, I-I-"

He looked at me, "I would have been more mindful of how you would feel. I would have...tried to heal your wound" I said it.

"Then heal me" He said and leaned in closer.

Shit. Is he going to kiss me right now? Well but I think, I will like it..

*************