Chapter 12

Ahn Veronica's POV

I was greatly appalled when i found out that the owner of this camp is actually Jungkook. I knew he owned a land, but i didn't expect it to be here--as in here, right now, the land i am standing on. Thinking back about it, it now make sense why our expenses were low for the camping trip. I guess Jimin had already knew about this-- well, they are best friends. That explains it all. I have our 'trainer Jungkook' and 'Boss Jimin' who insisted that I have to share one safari tent with jimin because I am his personal assistant.

In one tent, it has two bed; one each corner. The rest are common area. A girl and a boy in one enclosed area. I had protested my way from the moment Jungkook announced it, but sadly to no avail. Because the other tents are fully booked-- his words not mine. I don't even know if it's true.

---------------

I sat on my bed awkwardly, as i started unpacking my stuffs while Jimin had unpacked his pack of cigarettes and a few business documents.

"Is that your plan for today? Stay in and do business?" I asked. Jungkook had said that for the next two days it was going to be free days so we are allowed to do whatever we want. 

"Yeah" He answered, as he stretched his neck and began to flip through the papers; whilst his hands expertly tried to light up the cigaretter. I noticed his habit--when he's too tired or when he's stressed, he always smokes.

I frown, "You shouldn't make it a habit to smoke when you're tired."

He stopped trying to light up his cigarette, "Is that you showing concern for me?" He smiled.

"It's bad for health. It's scientifically proven" I argued and he chuckled at my words. That wasn't supposed to be amusing. What was so amusing about it? I walked towards him snatched that cigarette from his mouth and replaced that with a lollipop i bought from a shop. "An alternative to handle pressure, or when you're tired" 

He looked at me skeptically, but then started licking it--then continued to look through papers

"Can this wait?" I asked. He raised his eyebrows and looked at me with surprise then he put down his papers and put it aside, "Well then, would you, Ms Ahn, take a walk with me and enjoy the nature?" He asked.

That wasn't what i expected. But, at the same time, I unconsciously yearn for it. Taking a walk together, chatting....that's probably one of my romance fantasies that I had in my mind. "Lead the way" I finally said. He grinned.

We walked through the path filled with trees, the refreshing air in the atmosphere; as the sounds of birds chirping, the 'creek' noises made by the insects, and the shuffling of the leaves and grounds created by our footsteps filled the air. The river beside us whoozing with energy and life, with rocks covered with moss and ferns.

"Just taking in the view. It has this very calming effect" I replied. I could myself relaxing.

"It's a right choice for this trip then. So you're the outdoor nature kind of Girl"?

"Not really but i love nature, the smell of woods and leaves" I stated, as he listened intently beside me, "But i hate tha insects living here. The crawling, the flying...I hate bees especially and also-"

"Something like that?" He pointed to a near distance. On the top a tree branch we spotted a medium sized bee- hive. I observed the bees flying around the bee-hive, "Oh my god" I squealed, the hair on my skin stands, as i felt itchiness creeping all over my body.

I noticed one wild, big, fat and thick bee buzzing towards us. The fear took over me, so does the speed of my reflex; as i ran straight up to jimin and burrow my face on his chest; My hands clenched tightly on his arms. His body stiffened for a moment, before it relaxex quickly. My mind hits back to reality to what i've just done-- but it was too late. His hands were wrapped around my body as he put his head on top of mine as a support.

 His hands were wrapped around my body as he put his head on top of mine as a support

Push him away, Veronica!

What are you doing? Why are you not moving? why is your leg rooted to the ground? Move!

Why are you enjoying this hug?

My Body betrayed me, as the close contact of my face on his chest breathed in his cologne; the mix smell of wood, a little zest of lemon and a little bit ashes. I like this smell...I breathed in a little more.

"It's gone now" He informed, bringing me back to reality again.

I slowly looked up and take in the surrounding, making sure that it's gone; before i looked up and my eyes met his. His eyes are dark, but exposed no emotion. His eyes locked with mine and for that moment i just couldn't look away. His face slowly inched towards me, while his eyes travelled and trailed slowly down to my lips. I looked at him. Is he...Is he trying to kiss me? I've seen this in several movies before. This is how a kiss starts.

What should i do?

As if sensing my tension, he stopped; and started to pull his body away from mine. In that instance, I don't know what had come over me, but I stopped him. I stopped him from pushing me away as i hold him closer to me. "C-can i hug you a little longer?" I asked, my heart started pounding. Will he reject me?

He compiled. We stood there frozen in a hug, his arms continued to wrap me around. It started getting tighter and tighter. It's unlike me, am i not being myself today? But the truth is, I like the position we are in, his warmth that excudes from his body; as well as his smell that i found to be attracted to.

 It's unlike me, am i not being myself today? But the truth is, I like the position we are in, his warmth that excudes from his body; as well as his smell that i found to be attracted to

After being rooted there for a few minutes, I pulled away from him. Awkwardness immediately filled the air. I don't think I could even look him in the eyes now. He too, probably felt the same when he cleared his throat.

"Were you trying to seduce me?" He asked out of nowhere, smirking down at me.

I scowled. Oh, so is that how thing go? Hug, get awkward and back to his teasings?

His teasing annoyed me. But yet his company makes me happy-- and oh, i ain't even regretting the request for him to hug. Wow, Veronica. Are you becoming bold?

*************

a/n

It's a long chapted AND its not even full day yet ;-) My Love for y'all- The picture on top is what the safari tent looks like, comment and tell me what you guys think! What do you think will happen next? or what did you hoped to happen? ;)