Chapter 4

𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦.

Jimin had me backed up against the door the moment it was closed.

His eyes dark and intense, staring right into mine. His mouth in a thin straight line as his fists balled on either sides of my torso. "I see you have gotten pretty cozy  with Mr. Kim" His voice laced with acid. 

"I-I was trying to be professional" I explained myself. I didn't want him to misunderstand.

I can't look at him in the eyes ever since that dance. I don't know why??

His eyebrows raised as he scoffed, "Enlighten me, Veronica" He spoke sharply, "Which part of that hug and kiss is professional?" He waits for my answer. I kept my sildence, knowing he is right to a certain point. "Veronica, Don't ever let anyone have the opportunity to take advantage of you like that again. This is an absolute order from me."

My heart races, and my throat feels dry out of sudden. 𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘢𝘮 𝘪 𝘴𝘰 𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘰𝘶𝘴? 𝘐 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘩𝘪𝘮,𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘰 𝘪 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘵? 𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘰 𝘪 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘯? These feelings are all too foreign.

He observed and starts closing in, his eyes closed with mine. "And this proximity, should only be reserved for me."

"No, Mr

"No, Mr. Jimin. I don't think this is right, you're my boss and it shouldn't be okay for you to stay this close to me" I rebutted.

"Well," He pointed his index finger right to my heart area, "Because I can hear your heart beating so fast, Is it because i'm standing too close to you Veronica?" 

I looked at him blankly. "I am just intimidated" I argued as he looked at me, amused.

"I'm sure you are" He mocked, "Would you like to use any medical or scientific terms for this again? Say, perhaps your heart muscle isn't getting enough blood thus it's beating fast?" He teased, "Why don't you let me be your doctor? I could do a diagnosis on you and tell you exactly why" He smirked.

I looked at him, rediculed. You're not even a doctor. How would you know?

"You're right i'm not a doctor but maybe i am the cure of your disease" He teased.

I-I think, i should get back to work now. Let me know if you need me for anything else, Mr. Jimin" I broke his cage and hurried my pace out of his office. 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦? My head giddy, weightless and muzzy. I grasp the edge of my table once i'm outside. My heart still racing fast, chest tightened, and my stomach feels queasy- as if i am on roller coaster.

I made a mental note. 𝘐 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢 𝘥𝘰𝘤𝘵𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘺.

My intercom buzzed, startling me. I whined mentally, I just want to avoid him, yet-

"Veronica" He started 

I cleared my dry throat before speaking. "Yes, Mr. Jimin, What do you need?"

"You"

"Excuse me?" I asked, not believing my ears.

"You said to call you if i need you"

Speechless, but "Y-Yes, i did. B-But i meant it as work" I stuttered.

He chuckled, "I know, well then continue with your work" the intercom off and went silent.

I blinked, left in a state between confused and blank. 𝘖𝘩 𝘨𝘰𝘥, 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵?

**************

"Vera," My (not-related-by-blood) Brother, 𝘼𝙝𝙣 𝙃𝙮𝙪𝙣, answered. "Is there anything wrong?It's unlike you to call me at this time of the day"

 "Is there anything wrong?It's unlike you to call me at this time of the day"

"Hyun, I think i have Tachycardia" I said. He's rather reowned doctor, specialising in cardiology- The branch of medicine that deals with diseases and abnormalities of the heart.

The line went silent for a few seconds before his sudden reactions caused a few thuds- Things dropping on his side. "Vera, This is not something to be taken lightly. Have you checked with any doctor there? Tell me exactly what happened and how you felt. I will book the earliest flight tomorrow back home"

It took about 5 minutes to tell him everything. 𝘐 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯, 𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨. From the meeting, to Jimin's burst to anger and the events that followed thereafter. He sighed, after hearing my situation.

"Were you nervous and excited at the same time when he's near to you?"

"I-I-" I started,

"Veronica" Jimin suddenly stood behind me, startling and making me nervous. He smirked at my reaction and i clutched my phone nearer to my chest. 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘳𝘬... "You can leave now" He said, and went back to his office. ... 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘱 𝘢 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘵.

"Yes" I answered my brother who's still on the line.

*************

(*) 𝙏𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙮𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙞𝙖 𝙞𝙨 𝙖 𝙛𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙚, 𝘼𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙨𝙚 𝙛𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙨, 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙥𝙪𝙢𝙥 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙭𝙮𝙜𝙚𝙣 𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙪𝙨 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙛𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧. 𝙎𝙮𝙢𝙥𝙩𝙤𝙢𝙨 𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙡𝙪𝙙𝙚: 𝘿𝙞𝙯𝙯𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨, 𝙎𝙪𝙙𝙙𝙚𝙣 𝙬𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨, 𝙁𝙡𝙪𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙨𝙩.