Gᴏʟᴅᴇɴ [❁] 07

"y/n!

i-i'm so in love with you!"

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

armin was currently driving home from work. he was tired and exhausted, wanting nothing more than to cuddle up to his beautiful wife and sleep. but he knew that somewhere in the house, you were planning out all types of things for the kids.

he smiled to himself, knowing that his wife was in fact being a mother at the moment- not that she wasn't anyways.

it was then, did he notice that he had passed their house. finding it a little bit of an idiotic move to do, but nonetheless, he went back and drove into the driveway.

as he got out the car, he noticed through the living room window that the kids were dancing around, where as y/n wasn't there. so he walked faster to get inside, to at least figure out where his lovely wife was.

when he unlocked the door, he was met with the kids, but no y/n.

"hey guys, where's y/n?" Connie ran up to him, holding out a note for him. hesitantly he grabbed it.

Armin, I had to go. the people at work messed up a clothing order, I'll be back around 9pm and no later. dinner is in the fridge you just have to heat it up in the oven. also, your assistant annie, called. she said you had some paperwork, and that it needs to be finished before Thursday this week. don't forget to bathe the kids, and have the older ones finish their homework.

lots of love,
y/n

"so she's busy, have you kids eaten?" armin asked, untying his necktie.

"not yet, mom said that when we got hungry to make the food. however, levi said to wait until you were here." hanji spoke, running after eren.

"hmm, alright." armin said, walking towards the kitchen. "guys! who spilt all the apple juice in the kitchen!?" he yelled, the t.v coming to a pause as he waited.

"it was Connie! he tried getting apple juice. mikasa right now is trying to find the mop." jean said, walking towards armin.

"w-what? when did this happen?"

"about two minutes after mom left."

"o-okay...." he trailed off, thinking. "right! go help mikasa find the mop, tell levi and hanji to help connie, yourself, and eren with your homework."

"why?" jean whined, not wanting to do something so troublesome. armin just sighed and smiled at him, ruffling his hair.

"because, you wouldn't want eren or connie stealing y/n's love for doing great in school, now would you?" he knew that'll get him to work, since the three of tried to get her to praise them for their good grades.

jean gasped and ran, yelling about how levi needed to help him. armin smiled, opening the fridge as he got out the lasagna that was there.

her turned the oven on, preheating it and quickly unwrapping the food. as he did so, he saw mikasa come into the kitchen with the mop, eren ran in though.

"dad! I need you to sign this permission slip for a trip tomorrow!" he yelled, holding a piece of paper and pen out towards armin.

"okay, okay." he chuckled at the end of it.

"also, my teacher wants to have a parent-teacher meeting with you."

"just me?"

"yeah!" Armin nodded, and gave him the paper back. eren ran out of the kitchen, a little skip in his step as he did so. that's when his started ringing, armin quickly pulled his phone out of his pocket, trying to see who was calling him.

when he looked at it, he saw it was y/n. he answered it, a small smile adoring his face.

"hello?" he waited, his nerves rising slightly.

"armin?"

"yeah its me, do you need anything?"

"dear, plans changed, I'll be heading home around 12am or so. can you handle the kids until then? I know it's a lot, I'm sorry."

"its fine, no need to worry. I can handle them, please don't worry and don't stress." he her sniff for a minute before she spoke again.

"alright, just needed to know. uhm, I'll be there in a few hours. tell the kids I said goodnight and that I love them."

"alright then, I'll tell them that. and I love you, please don't stress so much." he heard her laugh quietly before she spoke.

"I love you, too, my love."

before he could say anything, she hung up and sighed. he turned and all the kids looking at him, their eyes looking at him with a serious look. his face turned a slight pink.

"g-guys, why are you looking at me like that?"

"well, mom's not going to be home soon. we heard her sniffle, so what's wrong?" levi spoke, the other's nodding their heads with him.

"nothing, she said she'll be back around twelve in the morning. and that she loves you and said goodnight as well." he said, putting the food in the oven. "nothing happened, alright? just go back to finishing your things."

"but your face says something else. are you sure you aren't worrying about her? you look close to being stressed about something that you shouldn't be worrying about." hanji said.

"w-" he stopped, breathing in slightly before continuing. "yeah... I think why I'm worrying because of something that isn't- no, something that she won't do. I trust her."

"yeah, and you should continue to trust her."

y/n stared at her phone, staring at the wallpaper. she sniffles slightly, her entire emotional system just suddenly becoming a mess.

"what is wrong with me? am I okay?" she asked herself, turning her phone off. she wiped her nose, her eyes becoming watery again.

she closed her eyes and breathed in and out, trying to calm herself. her nerves slight calming down, she didn't know what made her feel like this so much. however, a tap on her car window slightly made her jump.

she turned and saw bertholdt standing there, a look of worry in his eyes.

"are you okay?"

she rolled down her window and nodded.

"yeah, I'm fine."

"but you're crying, did you have an argument with your husband?" his voice was laced with worry as well.

"no, no... I just called him is all." she giggled and opened her door. "I'm fine, I think I just needed to hear his voice. I'm fine now, we should go and finish the clothing orders they got wrong."

he chuckled and nodded, "right, or else we'll be in trouble with the boss. she's a little scary whenever we get an order wrong." he said, trying to lighten up the mood. which worked.

"right." after that, y/n rolled the window back up and grabbed her phone, jacket, and glasses and  closed the door.

they both walked back into the building. y/n herself feeling a little better now, now just wishing she was with her husband and kids.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

"I love you too,

armin, my love!"