Gᴏʟᴅᴇɴ [❁] 12

"I wonder what you're thinking,
dandelion."

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

it was the next day, y/n was staring out the window of her job. the sun had barely started rising and she was tired now. her mind going to what the kids were doing. she had left them with a friend.

"you know, you can always ask to go home." she turned her head and smiled.

"I would, but armin's been working a lot lately and I just wanna bring in some income... or at least let him know he's not alone in this."

"but, don't you work from home at times? doesn't that help?"

"I does, but if he can go to his job then so can I. plus, I wanna know what's been going between you and ymir." y/n watched as historia blushed, she lightly punched her on the shoulder.

"w-well nothing much... you see we just celebrated her birthday and all."

"aw, you're blushing!"

"don't treat me as a child, y/n."

"alright, I won't." she was smiling at historia, watching as the girl slowly his her face. "don't worry, I won't tell ymir you have such 'cruel' thoughts about her."

"cruel?" historia questioned.

"I mean.. never mind, you hide that weird side of yourself." historia giggled and hugged y/n.

"you're such a beautiful woman."

"I-I-I... but you're even more beautiful than I am." historia sighed.

"don't patronize yourself. armin is lucky to have you as his wife, truly, you are beautiful."

"I am? I am.... I guess." y/n said, smiling up at historia.

"you are." the two women looked at Bertholdt, he smiled at them. "sorry to intrude, you two are my friends so to hear you talking badly about yourself hurts a little bit." they walked towards him and patted his head, watching as a small blush appeared.

"just enjoy life." they said, historia and y/n walking towards their tables again.

"armin, you need to sign these papers." annie spoke, watching as he rubbed the bridge of his nose. "is everything, alright?"

"everything is fine... just a little tired is all." he said, looking at her. "is the client here?"

"you mean, yelena? the yes she is."

"alright, well just being her in. and well tell pieck to check her files before anything, oh and Zeke, get him to sign these papers for the while." annie nodded and walked away. a minute later, and he heard his door open.

"dad!" he looked up and saw y/n holding sasha.

"hi." he smiled and stood up, walking towards the two of them.

"what exactly are you doing here?" kissing the top of Sasha's head and y/n's cheek.

"well, I picked sasha up from daycare, and decided to come and see you. though, are you busy at the moment?" he chuckled at her confusion, making her just smile.

"I am, but you can wait a while, right? after this we can have some lunch." she nodded and walked outside of his office.

"hmm, how about we go mess with pieck? she likes you, or maybe you can go see reiner?"

"leiner!" sasha yelled, making y/n chuckle at her.

after a few minutes they were met with reiner talking to pieck.

"reiner, pieck, hello."

"y/n, sasha hi!"

"hello girls." sasha held a piece of bread out towards reiner, watching as he took it and smiled her, ruffling her hair.

"having lunch with armin?"

"yes we are. though, after that me and sasha are going to back home after that." pieck smiled and grabbed sasha, playing with her.

"she's so adorable!" sasha giggled, clapping her hands. "truly, I wonder what your child would actually look like if you and armin did have children."

"I don't know... though I wonder, too."

"well maybe we can try, dandelion." she felt armin wrap his arms around her, she blushed a dark shade of pink.

"armin!" reiner chuckled, pieck smiled at the two.

"well, if you don't mind pieck and reiner, can I take my girls away?"

"go ahead."

"sure, also do visit again. it was nice seeing you again, y/n." pieck spoke, hugging y/n.

"I'll try."

armin grabbed sasha and the three of them walked away. armin held a small smile while y/n slowly spoke about her day at her job.

"... marco hasn't been to work in a while, we think he's sick. though, historia and bertholdt are going to go see if he's alright."

"well, let's hope he's alright." armin took a drink of coke, watching as y/n fed sasha.

"anything going on in your job?"

"nothing much, we just got a new worker, she'll be helping around for a while. though, I think she'd be good enough to run her own company."

"amazing." he smiled at her, grabbing her hand playing with the ring on it.

"mom! me and connie wanna play with sasha!"

"she can't, she just took her nap. just wait till she awake again, okay?"

"fine!" jean pulled a sad connie away.

y/n sighed and walked back to her and armin's room, laying down on the bed once she got there.

"oh y/n." she sighed and looked up, she saw armin standing at the bathroom door. "wanna join me?"

she blushed, noting how he was being bold today.

"no thank you, I'm good right, right here." she said, grabbing a pillow and throwing it at him.

"alright, your lost."

after the bathroom door closed she hid her face, maybe she was just too much at the moment, or armin was too much for her today. who knows?

truly though, she wondered what he was thinking. did he really want to have his child, or at least try? she sighed out, this king of how to word it before she asked him.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

"so do I, love."