Gᴏʟᴅᴇɴ [❁] 10

"and to think, most need a
friend to help. but it's best if
most just often let the universe
do it's job."

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

y/n watched as armin sighed out, a small glimmer of adoration coated his eyes. he stared at her, his hand going towards her as he tried to calm her nerves down. maybe it was the fact that it was monday and the two of then had to have a parent-teacher meeting.

or maybe it was the fact that hanji had gotten in trouble for severally punching a kid in the nose. but, whatever the case, it was best if y/n's nerves were calm.

"i-i don't understand..." armin looked at her, his eyebrows furrowed. he tried reading her movements, but to his avail, she held no stance of any particular movement. it made him feel as though she were hiding her emotions at a dreaded time. he wanted to help her, he really did. but, she hid her feelings when she was nervous.

"did I do something wrong? we both know hanji never acts out of line, especially if there is no reason. so... what did we do wrong?" she looked at armin, her eyes held a look he knew was confusion. he knew why she was confused, hell, anyone would be if they got a call saying their kid punched another kid.

"we did nothing wrong, maybe hanji just decided to do another one of her experiments. just..." he trailed off, trying his best to comfort her. after all, his wife was a nervous wreck when it was something suspicious.

"just calm down, I'm pretty sure her teacher isn't going to say anything that bad about them." as armin said that, hanji's teacher walked out of their classroom.

the teacher looked at them, and tilted their head towards their classroom. both y/n and armin stood up and walked in, just walking in made y/n silently become a little nervous.

"excuse me, mr. and mrs. arlert, you do know why I've called you here, yes?" she hated that, y/n hated how this teacher spoke to them as though were children. nonetheless though, they nodded.

"it's because hanji acted out towards another kid." armin stated, following the teach towards their desk and sitting down.

"yes. however, I assume she didn't quite tell you what happened? or did she twist it into a lie?" as y/n sat down she looked at the teacher, quite unsure how to answer.

"well, they told us that they had hit a kid is all, and then tried to experiment on the kid. isn't that true....?" the teacher held a unreadable expression.

"no, after she hit the kids and tried experiment on the student, she then tried to get others to help. of course, our top student, moblit, had somewhat gotten her to stop. however, your child wouldn't be acting out out of spite. after all, you really don't understand what your child does now?"

"i- what are you trying to get at?" y/n asked softly, her mind somewhat racing with thoughts.

"what I'm trying to get at mrs. arlert, is that something must be going on at home for her to act out at school, nonetheless hit a student." the teacher exclaimed.

"no- me and armin take care of our children very well." y/n spoke, a small smile appearing.

"it's true." armin added, quieting when the teacher looked him.

"look, mrs. aurora, what happens at out home isn't of your importance. we came here to just talk about what happened with hanji, isn't that all? if so, me and armin can leave and take hanji with us."

"very well, you may go."

"why is it so hard?! why is everything so hard?! I don't understand anything anymore."

"just calm down."

"mom! does it make you fell better that I made a friend?" hanji spoke, watching as y/n's shoulders relaxed.

"yes, yes it does. I'm glad you made a friend. and no I'm not being sarcastic."

"you are? anyways! he's quite different from me I'll say. he doesn't quite get the hang of what I do, but he's a good person. he's good enough to stop me from going a little overboard!" hanji said, a wide smile adoring their face.

"i- we know... hanji, love, we need to talk." y/n said, turning around and looking them.

"...okay. does that mean dad'll be there too?"

"yes, he'll be there, after all he was there for the conference. starting off, why did you hit that kid?"

"because, he said my real parents didn't want me.... and that you and dad wouldn't want me anymore either." they spoke, looking down at their lap. "and to be honest, they started saying other things too. like how one day me and the others will be back at a orphanage, so I got angry and frustrated and sad because of that. so, with a lot of anger and force I punched them, after that I decided 'why not experiment on him'? bad idea."

armin looked at y/n, her herself looking as though she were contemplating whether to speak or keep quiet. however, he noticed that she held a look of comfort even if what their child said hurt them. or maybe it hurt because they're too kind hearted.

"love, me and armin will never send you back to the orphanage. I know for a fact at how everything is, trust me. the school system is shit, it's been proven. but one thing is to said. I would never- we would never send you back. stupid to be honest because of a child, he's a fucking idiot for saying that. but overall, just smile and when at home, speak say what you need. even if its to me or armin, just talk to us." she grabbed hanji's hand smiled at them.

"you won't....?"

"we won't. we love you more than anything in the world." and to be quite honest, she was right.

her and armin really did love them to death. and what made them really love them overall was for the fact that the kids never changed, they never stopped their endless adventures in the house, and after all they had a lot of spice to them.

"hey, mom, dad?"

"yes?"

"why did you adopt us?"

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

"most of the time, I wonder
since you both really love us.

so, why did you
adopt us?"