Gᴏʟᴅᴇɴ [❁] 08

"my dear child is adorable,
and I wouldn't trade him for
the world."

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

y/n drove through the empty streets, sleep making her mind slowly become tired.  the soft melody of the music lulled her to a tiredsome state, making her more determined to arrive home.

as she drove though, she suddenly remembered how the song itself was trying to make her feel better. forgetting how she put the song on, thinking it'll clear her mind of the current problem she had herself in.

"are you kidding me?" she noticed how it started to pour, making her tiredsome state leave, and become wide awake. as she slowed down- as to not mess up and crash- she watched as the rain itself had a beat with it.

she sighed out, reading the street signs as to make sure she didn't miss the street to where they lived. it wasn't until she noticed how it was already 1:30 in the morning, giving her the chills.

"such a mess I am. truly." she was now speaking to herself to give herself some comfort. plus, it would help calm her mind from horrible thoughts.

as y/n saw the houses coming into view, she sped up a little bit. the music in the background now becoming a little louder in her ears.

"and hey, you, don't you think it's kinda cute. that I, died right inside your arms tonight?" she sang along with the song.
she stopped though, finally seeing how their house came into view. so, she drove into the driveway, parked, and turned the car off. she sat there just watching as the rain poured to its heart content.

"oh, please just let up! I need to get inside." she whined, wanting the warmth of her husband at the moment.

"screw it, if I get sick. I get sick." she grabbed her things, covered them with her jacket and she ran. trying to get inside as quickly as possible.

the door opened and she was met with a somewhat happy levi.

"hey."

"hey...?" y/n walked in, silently staring and observing her son. "is anyone else awake?"

"no, dad's asleep, so are the other's. I'm the only one awake." worry flashed through y/n.

"why? are you having those dresses again?" her hand went to cup his cheek, her motherly instinct kicking in.

"....yes." she smiled a comforting smile before kissing the top of his head.

"look, how about this? I go and change, I put on a movie and we talk, yeah? maybe then you'll feel a little sleepy."

"but you need to sleep." he tried to argue. keyword: tried.

"nah ah, I'm your mother, even if I'm not your real one. but nonetheless, I'm still your mother, so you are going to do this. alright?"

"alright." he sighed out, enjoying the attention she was giving him. even if it was just for this night though.

"now, do me a favor and get me a towel while I go upstairs and change." she spoke, walking up the stairs to her's and armin's shared bedroom.

she walked in and saw him up reading. she just sighed out and walked towards him, her hand making its way to his hair.

"y/n?"

"yes, it me." he looked up at her grabbed her hand, the one that was playing with his hair; and kissed her knuckles. he noticed how they were cold and wet.

"you ran in the rain? why didn't you call me to go out there with the umbrella? I could've helped you, you're gonna get sick." his started worrying for her.

"I'm fine, armin."

"b-but...." he trailed off, watching how she stared at him, a look of comfort in her eyes.

"I'm fine, love. nothing to worry, alright? I just need a change of clothes and a hot shower." she chuckled after saying so.

and with that, he watched as y/n walked away, he himself still worrying for her. however, she turned and looked him and smiled.

"don't worry."

y/n sighed out of relief, her back against the plush bed. she stared at the ceiling, her mind resting, everything coming to a rest.

however, she smiled, knowing she were to go and watch a movie with levi. even though she didn't spend a lot of time with him, and he himself never really liked the idea of y/n going him attention, they both knew at some point they would have to do something together.

so, with that, she laid up. looking around the dim lit room, seeing how armin still read his book. which, due to her staring, he looked at her.

"is something wrong?" she giggled, shaking her head.

"no. I'm just going to watch a movie with Levi, is all." she stood up, armin telling her a 'goodnight', and her walking downstairs.

"levi, my child?" she whispered, knowing full well that he was sitting on the couch.

"I'm over here, woman."

"I know." and she walked towards the couch, sitting next to him. he cuddled into her side, y/n taking notice and smiling. so, she wrapped her arm around him, kissing the top of his head.

"well, let's watch this movie." he nodded, pressing play on the remote.

the two of them watched the movie, a calming aura settling among the living area, the both of them getting somewhat tired.

armin walked down the stairs, a yawn escaping past his lips. he stretched and noticed how the t.v was still on. as he looked at the living area, he saw y/n and levi both asleep.

levi was snuggled into y/n's side, y/n's arms were wrapped around him in a protecting manner. armin walked towards them, grabbing the blanket that was there and put it on them. he turned the t.v off, and he walked towards the kitchen.

he smiled to himself, finding it adorable and wholesome how they were like that. knowing levi would become flustered if he ever brought it up.

after that, he walked back upstairs and fell asleep as well.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

"family is family."