Gᴏʟᴅᴇɴ [❁] Eᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

"a poem was hidden.
it pains me to know that the poem
I was desperately trying to figure out
was him."

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

TWENTY YEARS LATER

it was a solemn day.

one of which only those who have passed know of.

it gave people a knew hope- or rather a new thing to dwell on. to have them simply give them their mind and soul to figure it out, to see what is really the thought to dwell on.

and like most, y/n did exactly that. she grieved- it pained her. so much so, her heart aches for the comfort of her husband. though she can't exactly get that.

words are a painful thing, they truly are. they can't cut in many ways that many often don't know they are doing. those words create a hole, one comforting, loving, and needing words often cover up and make better.

though she can't exactly get that now. it hurt like hell, it hurt more than what you can call heartbreak. because at the end of a heartbreak you're able to see them again, but in this case, death takes one's loved one and simply no longer let's them see the other.

she dressed in her most beautiful dress she could wear. she had aged beautifully, her kids had aged as well.

levi being 34, hanji being 33, mikasa being 32, Eren and jean both being 30, Connie being 27, and sasha being 22. they had aged, they had grown, and she truly loved them more than ever.

that fateful day she had gotten the call from annie about armin, she had cried all day and night, the kids being with her as the eight of them mourned.

the funeral happened two weeks later, she was too grief struck to do anything. and when she had invited their friends and family, it hurt to know that he truly was dead.

half of her wanted nothing more than for him to suddenly come alive and hug her, to hold her until she could no longer cry, to just be there with her. but, her wishes never come true.

and within the twenty years, she had raised the kids, she had became a widow as well. she never really moved on from her true love. it pained her the most because she knew something had happened when she suddenly got the call from him, she had realized that she wouldn't be able to see him again.

and the saddest thing was, that her final kiss from him was before he left for the trip. it hurt.

"mom?" she turned and saw eren standing at her doorway, he had grown up and become a handsome man. though, the only problem she had with him was his hair, he let it grow out and he wore in a bun now.

"yes, eren?"

"you'll be riding with me today, mikasa can't have you ride with her because of something, connie is riding with jean and sasha, and levi decided not to let you go with him because hanji might be too loud for you. so, you'll be riding with me."

"ah. okay, just let me get my bag." eren nodded, looking down at his phone and sighing out, he felt bad for his mother. she never dated or tried to date anyone after armin died.

then again, from what he saw when he was a child, they looked at each other with so much love. it made him want to have their type of love when he got older, but that never came true.

they were in his car, eren had music playing as he drove to the destination they were supposed to meet at.

"mom... how come you never dated anyone after dad?"

"because, even when I was young, me and armin had a connection like no other. we had gotten married at the age of 18, young but we lasted. almost like we were soulmates." he noticed she had a small smile on.

he smiled, knowing she really okay. he knew she was getting better.

"and eren, don't stress so hard about your love life." she said, chuckling after she saw eren become flustered.

"I'll try not to."

y/n hugged her children, they all had grown, except levi. she smiled at them, sasha, connie and jean hugging her the longest, they missed their mother.

everyone held up their umbrellas,  the drizzling of the rain slowly fell, and this made the day even more beautiful than it needed.

mikasa, held y/n's hand. her umbrella covered the two of them, y/n sniffled once she saw the grave stone.

here lies
Armin Arlert

loving husband and father.

the eight of them all stared at it. they all said their grace and love, watching and waiting as each one went.

it was emotional. it was emotional to know that the man who had raised them was truly gone, no gimmicks or tricks, he was really dead.

y/n stared at the gravestone, she sighed out and kneeled, brushing her fingers along it. she wondered if armin was watching over them or if he was resting peacefully.

it made her wonder, but she knew that just like a sunset he was bleeding a new heart.

she smiled a soft smile, she truly did love him. but it hurt more to know that he was like a sunset. so golden yet so blue.

she laid the roses down, her hand wanting nothing more than to hold his hand and fall into relaxation with him. to feel his heart beat once more, to hold him, to feel his hair between her fingers, to just be with him again.

she always got so emotional around this time of year. it pained her and it hurt.

she knew he was okay, he may have been a beautiful soul, but he was what she could call a sunset.

he held a golden light towards her, while she cartied the sadness. but to get her they had became one soul- figuratively and physically. what was she to do now?

the answer was simple. it was to live her days as though they were a mystery- which they were- and watch as the kids grew up. she smiled.

"you're so close, yet so far away, my love." she stood up and grabbed jean's hand, the eight of them walked away.

it was bittersweet to know that her husband, and their father was gone. but he had given them a lot of memories of him. it was beautiful.

much like how a the sky is shining a golden color after a rain. it is beautiful and amazing, bitter and sweet. but overall, magnificent.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

"I know that you're scared.
but I'm here for you,
dandelion."