And he just stared

Clara POV

I woke up to a stinging, aching sensation in my head which I knew to be a hangover as I've had a fair few over the past year. My eyes were blurry and I could hear some fuzzy sounds like some one was talking but I couldn't place who and where. I must have drank a lot because by now my powers would have gotten rid of it.
"Good night Clara." I heard some one speak while tucking a piece of my stray hair back, I leaned in to their warm touch.

"Good night." I replied before wearily drifting off to sleep.

I woke up the next morning quite early due to yet another nightmare, great. The small shine of the sun coming through the curtains blinded me as I brought my hand up to shield my face and turned on my side so my back was facing the light source. That was when I realised I wasn't in my bed, I wasn't even in my room. I lifted my body up to see Remus laying on the floor next to the bed, James hanging half off his bed, a empty bed where I knew Sirius was supposed to be and one with the curtains closed must be peters.

It must have been Remus then, the person that said goodnight to me, my cheeks blushing at the thought of him moving a piece of hair of my face. Why had he done this though? Doesn't he know that the boys probably would have taken me up to their dorms I do kind of live with them anyway. He even slept on the floor for me. I don't deserve this especially from him since I haven't completely been truthful with him since I got back. I looked over the edge of the bed down at his beautiful scared face and dirty blonde hair Which shone in the sunlight.

Since I had learned more about werewolves it hurt me to think what he did to himself to get them scars. But I guess you could say Remus wouldn't be Remus without his perfectly placed scars.
He suddenly started to Stir and worried he would wake up I pulled my head up onto the pillow and pretended to be asleep. I heard the squeak from the floor boards as he got up and felt his stare towards me before he pulled the duvet back over my arms.
I turned around to face his direction and pretended to open my eyes like I had just woken up, and he just stared.

Remus POV

She opened her gorgeous grey eyes and for what felt like the first time in my life I looked in, really looked into them and it felt was like she was looking into my thoughts, like she was reading my mind.

Clara POV

Honestly I felt the slight temptation to try and read his mind but I hadn't exactly pulled off how to do that yet. You see my power gives me lots of different powers to but they take skill to master them like I can just about talk to animals after months of practice and the most I can do to control nature right now is to make a flower grow. So I wouldn't say my powers are up to standards yet, that's mainly why I don't use them a lot. For example the last time I tried to read someone's mind it was Luther's and I did do it for five minutes before consequently fainting for two days.

Remus POV

After about a minute or more of staring at each other she mumbled something I couldn't quite hear.
"Pardon?"

"What happened?" She questioned more louder this time.

"Oh erm well you passed out at the party and I didn't just want to leave you there so I brought you back to my dorm I hope that's okay." I rubbed the back of my neck hoping she wouldn't get mad since i didn't really give her a choice in the matter.

"Yes Well I guess I owe you a thanks I do normally pass out after drinking too much, probably should have warned lily or you about that." She mumbled while pushing herself up from the bed.

"No honestly it's fine." I reassured her.

"No really Remus you probably carried me up here and I wouldn't want to be a burden to you." She argued back.

"Trust me you weren't a burden I just wanted to make sure you were okay." 

"Oh could you two just shut up and kiss already." James mumbled as both of our heads shot towards him and I immediately felt a heart rise to my cheeks as I looked towards Clara and it looked like she was blushing to. My brain must be playing tricks on me.

——————

Me and Clara walked to breakfast together as neither of us could get back to sleep. Neither of us for changed as we were already in our clothes from the party last night. The great hall on a normal school day at this time would be packed but since it's the first day on the half term mostly every one was still in bed.

Clara POV

I know I need to tell him sometime i know, I don't want to keep lying to him like this. I'll ease in to it though I don't want to be too straight forward it might scare him.
"Remus."

"What?" He replied looking up from his toast he was covering with chocolate spread.  

"Why were the boys asking me about werewolves and animagus the other day?" I looked up and met his chocolate brown eyes.

"I-I don't know." He stumbled as he avoided my look.

"Just know you can tell me anything, I don't want to be kept from any secrets even if I did leave for a while, you know you can trust me." I stood up and went to go back up to my room to freshen up.

For the next week the marauders kept their distance while also their eye on me and to say I didn't think it was a bit weird was a lie but I didn't really need them since lily Introduced me to Marlene, Alice and molly and we hung out together nearly every day. Another thing they also did was they started asking me more questions, I mean how stupid did they think I was or is it that they wanted me to find out honesty I don't know one minute they're asking me all these questions the next they're avoiding me. And this behaviour didn't just go on for a week it went on for a entire month until the full moon in November.