The day she ran : part three

Lily POV

It was lunch time and as most people were heading towards the great hall I, along with three surprisingly unfit boys, was speed walking towards the girls griffindor dorms.

"Could you slow down a bit." A whining voice came from the long black haired boy stood, at least metre behind me.

"Yeah lily, you are walking pretty fast" came from the boy who had caused this mess in the first place. I suddenly stopped as the boys caught up to me and turned round and quickly hit Remus round the head with one of my DADA books.

"You can't talk" I sneered as he was rubbing the back of his head. "You were the one who caused this mess, because of you Clara's probably in her room crying into her pillow, while drowning in the  embarrassment of one of her best friends shouting at her!" I screamed in his face. I wasn't usually this violent towards people, especially towards my friends, but when it came to Lara I just wanted to protect her especially as how timid she was. I knew she couldn't do it herself.

I stormed up to my door and lightly knocked on it. But after a couple of seconds of silence I just gave up and flung open the door, expecting to see her there lying on her bed duvet covering her head. But no, she wasn't there and neither was her book she was reading. The stress had probably got to her and was just reading somewhere quite in the school grounds, but I couldn't help but worry about about her. She is my best friend anyway, I was used to worrying about her.

Clara POV

I was there on the other side of the black lake, leaning on a great oak tree on the outskirts of the forbidden forest.
It was silent. It was times like these which I found peace in, as I didn't have to talk to anyone or listen to their problems, it was just me and my book. All alone listening to the calming wind and wildlife coming from inside the forest.

Me and lily had many nice reading spots around the grounds but this was the only one I didn't share with her. It's not like she would ruin it or anything it's just it was my place to read only mine. Here I could finally relax, while gazing upon the beautiful scenery around me. Finally be me, even if it was just for a little bit.

I wanted to bring Remus here a couple of times but had never found the right time or just backed away before I could get to tell him about it. But now, I'm glad I didn't or he would know exactly where to find me.

Remus POV

We had now been searching for Clara for about 3 hours now obviously not until after classes but after that lily had pulled us into a corner and had split us up into two groups. Me and Lily and James and Sirius. We had looked everywhere possible and had even bumped into the other two a couple of times.

"I can't believe, it we've looked everywhere and I can't find her even in our secret reading places." lily worriedly mumbled to herself

"I'm sure she'll be fine, she's probably at lunch with those other nitwits and even if she isn't I don't think she would miss dinner, even if the world was on fire she wouldn't miss dinner!"

"Yeah I know your probably right but I can't help but be worried about her" she replied while walking toward the great hall "but I'm also really hungry." As she pushed open the doors to the hall.

————

"I can't believe you got detention!" I shouted in their faces.
"Don't you know what tonight is!"