"Id love to."

Clara POV

I was walking to my room thinking about how the hell Jakob is going not going to get killed by some mermaids when I passed the hospital wing and suddenly slammed into something tall and hard. The impact was that quick on my still sore head that I stumbled back tripping over my own feet and as I closed my eyes waiting for impact a arm grabbed my waist and pulled me into their warm chest.

For a couple of seconds I didn't have the energy to speak, I didn't even have the energy to look up and see who it was. The quidditch practice had worn me out so much I just stayed there, leaning on his chest with his arms latched around my waist holding me tightly. After a couple of minutes of silence he started to speak "are you okay Clara?" And as I heard this voice I immediately knew who it was. I leant more into his chest and buried my face in his shoulders as I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him back.

"Yeah." I whispered nearly inaudible to me but he still heard it.

"That's good, I was worried since I didn't see you this morning when I went to visit you in the hospital wing."

"Well I'm okay now, thank you I really needed that" I pulled away from him and finally looked up at his face. He is a mess poor Remus has fresh new scars scattered all over his face and some look really deep. I thought I was helping him by distracting him from himself on full moon but now I think I just made it worse. I reached my hand and touched his face tracing his new scars with my fingers. "The more important question is are you alright?." I pulled my hand away from his face quickly while embarrassed and I swear I thought I heard him whine.

"Yeah I'm good thanks I was just worried about you." He said rubbing the back of his neck. And I felt my face heat up as he slightly flexed his muscles. Shit I must be blushing like crazy.

Remus POV

Her body was warm against mine and I immediately felt the cold as she pulled away from my chest. "Well I'm okay now thank you I really needed that." She said while pulling away. Yeah you looked liked you needed that, I thought looking down at her. She looked back up at me and reached her hand to my face as she traced my scars her hands were rough but also soft and they made my face burn up like it was on fire. "The more important question is are you alright?" She asked nervously as she pulled away and I whined at the lost of touch. WAIT did I just WHINE oh merlin I hope she didn't hear me.

"Yeah I'm good thanks I was just worried about you." I said rubbing the back of my neck and trying to avoid eye contact still embarrassed about the whining thing and then the words of James from earlier came into my head. 'Remus if you don't ask her out now when are you going to do it? Next year? Last year? After we graduate? When?' I mean he does have a point, well by I guess it's now or never then. "Clara?" I turn to look at her and her bright red face, wait is she blushing?

"Yeah,"

"Erm well I wanted to ask you a question you don't have to answer it now if you don't want to I don't mind." I started to ramble as I could hear my heart beating  in my ears.

"Remus, just spit it out." She said slightly annoyed.

"I was wondering if you maybe wanted to go to the Yule ball with me?" Oh no what have I done what If she doesn't like me like that? What if it gets awkward and she starts avoiding me and then we never talk again and eventually drift apart. My mind started to race with all the possibilities that what I just said could go terribly wrong in so many ways.

"I'd love to." Her eyes sparkled as her smile widened and she looked the happiest I've ever seen her since she came back.

"Wait, really?" I asked shocked by the answer she had just given me.

"Yep, pick me up at six okay?"

"Yeah, will do." I shouted back as she walked towards the common room. Wait did that really work? Yes, yes it did.

James POV

"He should be out of the hospital wing by now shouldn't he?" Sirius asked.

"Should we go check on him?" Peter mumbled in response.

"No, he'll be okay probably just got caught up with something." I reassured them both. I leaned back on the sofa as the common room portrait swung open and a unusually happy looking Clara came through it. "Hey Clara, have you seen Remus anywhere?"

"Maybe." She replied with a big smile on her face as she walked up to the girls dormitories. Okay that girl is getting a nightmare with all these riddles and secrets and stuff. I'm not saying I don't like her because of it I'm just saying it's getting a bit suspicious.

"You think he did it?" Sirius nudged me from the left.

"Dunno?" I shrugged at him.

"I DID IT! I DID IT! I DID IT!" Remus basically screamed as he came into the common room.

"Yeah that's great Moony but could you please quieten down before you wake the whole of Gryffindor tower up." Sirius hushed him.

"So what did she say?" I asked him.

"She said she'd love to." He sighed as he slumped onto a chair. Lucky bitch at least he gets the girl of his dreams.