| eighteen |

Chapter.18

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

The sunlight that filled Aubrey's bedroom forced Charlotte out of her sleep. She mentally groaned, she was annoyed that her body was waking her up. She still felt exhausted, and felt like she could sleep for days. Her and Aubrey had a late night, a tiring night.

She pulled the white linen sheets over her shoulders to try and get more comfortable. The feeling of Aubrey rubbing his hand down her bare back sent chills through her body. She was now awake enough to realize that she had her head on Drake's naked chest, and that his arm snaked behind her.

Aubrey continued to rub her back to let her know that he was also awake. "Why didn't you wake me up?" She asked him in her morning voice.

"I like laying here with you," Drake responded to her. Charlotte reached under the covers and placed her hand on Aubrey's stomach.

The two sat in comfortable silence while Charlotte's body woke up. Charlotte almost fell back asleep while listening to Aubrey's heart beat. "Last night was great," She spoke up so she could distract herself from sleep.

Charlotte could feel Aubrey's chest bounce up and down as he chuckled. "Was it great because I'm great? Or, was it because I'm the only person you've slept with in four months?"

"I am the only person right?" Drake asked in a more serious tone. It was now Charlotte's turn to chuckle, she moved her head from on Aubrey's chest to his shoulder. "Yes, you're the only one."

"I didn't cheat I promise," She smiled at Aubrey's sleepy face. "So, we claiming each other now?" He asked the singer.

"Whether you like it or not. I am yours, and you are mine," Charlotte answered his question. Aubrey leaned down and placed a soft, passionate kiss on her lips.

"Remember that party you had in like 2016? I think it was a party celebrating Kris becoming your manager?" Drake brought up a memory he had remembered while Charlotte was sleeping on his chest.

She nodded, remembering the night clearly. "Me, Kanye, and Rihanna sang FourFiveSeconds for everyone."

"You stole my heart that night," Drake rubbed Charlotte's bare arms, "Your voice, your smile. I had liked you before, but after that night I knew that this was for sure."

Charlotte looked up at him, "You know, you're fulfilling that 'Certified Lover Boy' position extremely well." She joked with him.

Drake smirked at her joke before he said, "All the women in my relationships before, always told me how I never told them my feelings for them enough. And I just want you to know how much I appreciate and like you."

Charlotte's heart skipped when she saw that Aubrey was serious, and that he wasn't just trying to sweeten her up. She could tell that he actually cared.

"I never want to address a fight or a feeling because I'm too scared of them leaving me. So, I try to push the feelings away, but in the meantime I push the guy away too. Nick wanted to talk about how he was feeling insecure about me being around other men, and I didn't want to cause a fight so I pushed him off. He left me because I didn't talk to him about it." Charlotte felt like that if Aubrey told her something personal about his past relationships, that she'd tell him something about her past relationships. "With Chris, I fell out of love with him about halfway through. Everything just happened so fast for us. But, I was too afraid of him leaving me, that I never brought up how I was feeling. Never gave him the chance to try and help make the relationship better again. I just pushed him away, so far away that he felt like he had to cheat."