| twenty eight |

Chapter.28

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

Charlotte sat at her kitchen island and looked down at a notebook full of lyrics she had written. She was reading a song called 'July' that she had written when her and Chris's relationship was turning toxic.

"I've done a lot of things wrong, loving you being one," She sang a line. She remembered a guitar acoustic that someone had sent her, it would go perfectly with the lyrics.

It would be a great song, but she was wondering if she should release it. It was very personal, but her fans never got the full story of her and Chris's breakup. So maybe the song could give them an idea of how the relationship was.

The house was quiet, too quiet for Charlotte. Adonis has flown back home to his mother after staying with them for a week. Him and Lucious had a blast, it was five days full of fun.

Lucious was at his father's house for the weekend. And Aubrey was at the studio working on Certified Lover Boy. Leaving Charlotte home alone.

Charlotte looked back down at the notebook and sang another line "I've been holding back tears, while you're throwing back beers."

She huffed air out of her nose in slight frustration. 'Just record and release it' she told herself. The only thing stopping her was the fear of letting the whole world in on a very vulnerable topic for her.

Charlotte was about to sing more when her phone vibrated. She grabbed it off the counter and looked at who text her.

AUBS🤴🏽
Yea...imma need u to come
to the studio

GG👸🏼
Why? 😂

AUBS🤴🏽
Cause you fucked me up!
Got me missing your ass all the time, and I can only record so many love songs.

GG👸🏼
awwwww
I got you whipped. How cute🥰

AUBS🤴🏽
😐😐

GG👸🏼
I'm on my way sweetie 😘

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

Charlotte turned the handle to the door of the studio room Aubrey and his team were in.
She opened the door and saw Aubrey, his friends Prince and Chubbs, his producer Noel, and popular music manager Scooter Braun.

"Hey guys," she smiled at all of them sweetly.
"My girl Char'," Chubbs nodded at her.

Aubrey walked up to her and kissed her cheek, "Hey baby." She greeted him with a smile and she lightly squeezed his hand.

"Well, well," Charlotte strolled over to Scooter, "How are you doing Mr.Braun."

"Mr.Braun," Scooter scoffed at Charlotte, "Stop with the proper names." He sat up and gave Charlotte a quick hug.

"Alright," Charlotte nodded, "How are you doing shithead?" Scooter laughed and told her that he was doing great.

"You know, we're still looking to sign you to RBMG," Scooter talked about the record label that him and Usher founded.