| thirty eight |

Chapter.38

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

"Are you sure you're cool with it?" Aubrey asked the woman in front of him. They both stood in a trailer outside of a Rolling Loud concert stage. The sound of a crowd cheering and yelling for Rihanna was in the distance.

She tilted her head, crossed her arms and looked at Aubrey. "You really down for the Jenner like that?" Rihanna asked.

Drake nodded his head, he felt almost annoyed. "Yea, Ri'. I am. I just didn't want to disrespect you, so I asked."

Rihanna threw both of her hands up in the air. "Don't let me stop you. I give you my blessing."

"Just remember who's ear you used to whisper it into while we were in bed," Rihanna grabbed her jacket from off of the couch next to them.

Drake rolled his eyes, "All that ain't necessary Robyn." She ignored his comment and started to walk away.

She stopped at the doorway and told him, "It was nice seeing you Aubrey, have fun with your pretty white girl."

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

Later that night Stassie and Charlotte stood backstage of Aubrey's stage. The crowd was excited and loud, knowing that Aubrey would be on in five minutes

"You're going to be here tomorrow night for Travis's show right?" Stas' asked Charlotte. She nodded her head and told her friend, "Yeah, we're going to fly back to Cali' after the show."

One of Drake's best friends Chubbs walked up to the girls. "You hear that Rihanna and her crew are sitting front row out there."

"Tea," Stassie mumbled under her breathe. Charlotte scrunched her eyebrows together, "Why wouldn't she just come backstage?"

Chubbs chuckled and shook his head, "Because of you goofy. You wanna hang out with the girl who makes your ex happier than you did?"

Char shrugged, "We used to get along. What? I'm dating the man she dated years ago and she doesn't like me anymore?" Chubbs and Stassie both nodded their heads. "Weird energy right there," Char' shook her head.

Aubrey walked up to the group as he readjusted his ear piece. "I'm about to go on," He said. Charlotte could almost see the adrenaline running through him. She pulled his shirt down and readjusted his jacket, "Have fun baby, kill it. I love you."

Aubrey looked down at her and said, "Imma call you out halfway through." Charlotte gave him an uneasy look and told him, "Babe, they came to see rappers. Not a pop singer who hasn't released a single in almost two years."

"It'll be good I promise. Come out when I say 'gg'. I promise," Aubrey reassured her before he placed a kiss on her cheek.

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

It had been almost an hour of Aubrey performing, all of his friends and loved ones had been dancing on the side of the stage. And the crowd was loving the performance.
Aubrey had just finished up 'Money In The Grave', when a sound guy passed Charlotte a microphone.

"Alright y'all," Drake spoke to the audience. He quickly wiped the sweat off of his forehead. "We're going to slow it down a bit. Fella's grab up your women. 'Cause imma grab mine. GG'."

Charlotte walked out on stage and tried not to trip in her heels. To Charlotte's surprise the crowd cheered as they saw the Jenner. She was going to wave, but the instrumental to 'Take Care' started to come through the speakers.

Aubrey walked over to Charlotte and grabbed one of her hands when he started to sing to her. "I've asked about you and they told me things. But my mind didn't change and I still feel the same. What's a life with no fun? Please, don't be so ashamed. I've had mine, you've had yours, we both know, we know."

Charlotte smiled and mouthed the words with him. "They won't get you like I will, my only wish is I die real. 'Cause that truth hurts and those lies heal. And you can't sleep thinking that he lies still. So you cry still, tears all on the pillowcase. Big girls all get a little taste, ah. Pushing me away so I give her space, ah." Aubrey continued.

Aubrey slowed down and looked deep into Charlotte's eyes as he sang the next verse. "Dealing with a heart that I didn't break.
I'll be there for you. I will care for you.
I keep thinking you just don't know.
Tryna run from that, say you done with that. On your face, girl, it just don't show.
When you're ready, just say you're ready.
When all the baggage just ain't as heavy.
And the party's over, just don't forget me.
We'll change the pace and we'll just go slow."

Aubrey cupped Charlotte's cheek with his left hand. "You won't ever have to worry, you won't ever have to hide. And you've seen all my mistakes, so look me in my eyes," Aubrey finished the verse. Charlotte had tears blocking her vision, the lyrics had fit their relationship so perfectly it choked her up.

Char' took a deep breath before she sang, "'Cause if you let me, here's what I'll do.
I'll take care of you. I've loved and I've lost." The crowd cheered and applauded the couple as the instrumentals stopped.

Aubrey wrapped his arms around Charlotte and spoke in her ear. "I love you, and no matter what I got you." Charlotte chuckled as she tried not to bawl her eyes out in front of thousands of people.

She pushed down the tears and looked up at him, "I love you, with my everything. I swear." Aubrey leaned down and kissed Charlotte passionately. The crowd's screams got even louder.

Aubrey lifted the microphone up to his lips and said, "I want y'all to thank the drop dead gorgeous woman, Charlotte Jenner." Char' laughed and thanked the crowd as they continued cheering.