| forty nine |

Chapter. 49

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

The clicking of Charlotte's heels on the floor of her mother's marble entrance was heard through the hallways of Kris Jenner's home. "Hey, Char'" Corey Gamble greeted the woman with a sympathy smile.

"Hey," Charlotte returned the smile, it was fake, but still a smile. "I didn't think you'd be all dressed up," Corey noticed that Charlotte was dressed up and not in sweats. She wore a tight skims long sleeve, ankle length grey dress, and a simple black heel. She had done her hair and make up for that day as well.

"I just got out of bed today, and thought that getting ready for the day would boost me up a bit. Make me feel better," Charlotte shrugged her shoulders, "It's not much."

"Where's mom? It's quiet," Charlotte looked around the home for her mother. Corey walked with her into the black and white kitchen, "She was on the phone in the bedroom, with the lawyers about the Kylie and Travis thing."

"Hi Char'," Kris walked into the kitchen seconds later. She wasn't her usual fun, happy self. Kris eased herself onto a barstool that was at her kitchen island. "Momma, you look tired," Charlotte was concerned.

Kris gave her daughter a tired smile, "There's just a lot going on right now. With the whole Travis cheating situation, that girl trying to smear the family online, and with you and Drake. Thankfully it's not public with you two, but knowing that you're going through it emotionally stresses me out and saddens me too." Kris loves her children so much that if they're going through anything rough she is also affected by it more than the average friend or family member.

"But it will all be okay," Kris grabbed Charlotte's hand and reassured her. Charlotte took a deep breath and nodded her head, "I know."

"You've been quiet in the family group chat," Kris mentioned to Char', "What do you think of Travis?"

Charlotte shrugged her shoulders and breathed out heavy, "I don't know honestly. He's gone a lot, like too much. And since Stormi Kylie has been more independent, so it hasn't bothered her at all. But, the girl thats spreading around these rumors is nuts. You know she was smeared online a couple years back because she tried to make it look like she was dating Aubrey?"

Corey smacked his lips, "Bitches are crazy now a days."

"I just hope it's all a lie. Kylie doesn't deserve it," Kris rested her chin in the palm of her hand.
"I don't think he cheated with this girl, but with this family and the reputation of men. Who knows," Charlotte sighed.

"So, have you talked to Drake at all?" Kris asked.

"Uh, yea. He came over last night and explained everything to me." After a couple of moments Corey spoke up, "Well, spill. What happened?"

Charlotte then explained the situation to them. How he slept with Azul after Chicago, but before Toronto. So it was before they were dating, but they both had the intention to date each other while it happened. It sounded all too confusing, but so simple at the same time.

"Wait, so you're thinking about breaking up with the best dude you've been with, because he slept with someone before you guys were together? I'm confused here," Corey had a genuine look of confusion on his face.