| thirty three |

Chapter.33

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

Drake sat on a leather couch that was in the studio he was recording at. His leg bounced in anger as he listened to the No Jumper interview that Chris did the night before. The interview had blown up in a couple of hours, and hoards of haters were coming for Charlotte and Drake. No one believed that Charlotte was innocent.

"I don't want to be around her, she's crazy," Chris said. Aubrey turned off his phone and shook his head. His anger was through the roof, all of his friends in the recording studio with him were afraid to say anything.

"Dude wants to sit around and spread lies now? Bet," Drake mumbled to himself. "He said his kid don't like me, bitch Lucious likes me more than him. 'Cause I treat him and his momma right!" Drake started to get louder.

"Trynna say that Charlotte was cheating on him with me. Motherfucker looking for any excuse to make himself look better. Charlotte ain't like that, and he fucking knows that," Drake stood up from the couch. "He just mad he lost the baddest bitch he's ever had to someone better!" Aubrey threw his arms around.

"I'll end his whole career with one phone call!" Aubrey yelled before he looked down at his feet and tried to calm down.

"Charlotte ever swung on you?" His friend Noel spoke up. Aubrey looked up at him with a stern look, "Hell no, she ain't like that. Chris can say whatever the fuck he wants, I know the real Charlotte. She's the best woman I've ever known."

"D'," Noel breathed out, "Do we need to go over this again, time after time? You say that about every girl you meet, and they always fuck you over in the end. Watch your back, and start listening to what other people are saying."

Aubrey jerked his head back and took a step back. He thought about staring a bigger fight with Noel, but he had Charlotte who he needed to be there for. Aubrey scoffed, "You know what, Noel believe whatever the fuck you want. I know Charlotte, not you. I know that Chris is talking about himself. But, you can think whatever. I'm gonna go home and console my girl, instead of believing what her ex is blasting online." Aubrey turned around and headed for the door.

"Aubrey!" Prince tried to get him to stop. Chubbs spoke up next, "D' he didn't mean that shit. Where you going?" Aubrey looked over his shoulder and told them, "I'm going home."

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

"Mom, you need to get that interview off the internet," Charlotte eyes started to water with emotion. This was the day she dreaded, the day that everyone would find out what her and Chris's relationship was really like. Her own family didn't know, but she would have to explain herself because of the accusations that Chris made.

Charlotte sat at the kitchen counter with her mother. She stared down at the marble countertop as her head raced with so many different bad scenarios. "What if he tries to take Lucious from me?," The tears almost bursted out.

"Char, that's not happening, in a million years. But, we need to figure this out, now. I need to know everything, me and Sasha need to figure out a way to handle this," Kris talked about Charlotte's lawyer Sasha. With these allegations, a court case could possibly be made.

Charlotte looked up at her mother with heavy eyes. Charlotte wondered how she would tell her mother, the woman who told her to never let a man touch her, that she was abused by one for two years. And that she hid it from the family the whole time.