| twenty nine |

Chapter.29

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

Charlotte covered her eyes from the flashing camera lights. "Charlotte, are you and Chris really over?" A paparazzi yelled for the singer. Charlotte's security made sure she had enough room to walk into the restaurant. It had just went dark outside, and Charlotte was meeting Saweetie for dinner at The Nice Guy.

The hostess greeted Charlotte as soon as she walked into the building. "Hi, how can I help you?" She smiled at the celebrity.

"I had a table, for two. But, I'm pretty sure my second is already here. The table is for Charlotte Jenner," Charlotte told the worker as she gazed around the restaurant to look for the female rapper.

"I know who you are ma'am," The hostess chuckled, "Your table is right this way." The worker escorted Charlotte to a table for two in the back of the restaurant. Saweetie sat at the table in a emerald green bodycon dress and long black braid.

"Thank you," Charlotte grinned at the worker before she turned her attention towards Saweetie. "Hi B'," Saweetie reached up and gave Charlotte a hug.

"Hi, I've missed you," Charlotte smiled as she sat down across from Saweetie. She placed her Burkin Bag next to her when Saweetie told her, "I've missed you too."

"But, I know you've been busy. Being all boo'd up and everything," Saweetie smirked at her. Before Charlotte could even chime in Saweetie said, "And I know y'all are dating because that man hasn't left L.A. in months."

"How did you know he hasn't left?" Charlotte asked her. A waiter came over and asked Charlotte she would like to drink, she ordered a lemon water before the waiter walked away to another customer.

Saweetie sipped her mixed drink and told Charlotte, "Hunny, the whole town knows when Drake comes and goes. The motherfucker shows up in his own plane."

"Fair enough," Charlotte chuckled. "So, where is he?" Saweetie asked.

"He's at the studio, still has to finish the album," Charlotte told Saweetie. The female rapper nodded and said, "Oh yea, I bet that takes up a lot of his time. You probably don't see him that much."

Charlotte shook her head, "I see him all the time. I'm usually at the studio with him."

Saweetie pushed her braid behind her shoulder and said, "I remember those days, the beautiful honeymoon stage." All of a sudden Charlotte felt guilty about talking about her relationship. Here she was, talking about her relationship to her friend who had recently gotten out of a relationship herself.

"But, we're not here to talk about me," Char tried to change the subject. "How are you? There's been a lot that we haven't been able to talk about in person."

The waiter brought Charlotte's water and took down what the two wanted for an appetizer. "Well, where do you want to start with the story? Because there's a lot?" Saweetie asked the Jenner.

"Why did you guys break up. I mean I seen your tweets, but," Charlotte sipped her water.

"Quavo was cheating on me with multiple women over the years. And after the third one I got sick of the excuses and lies, so I cut him off. Told him to take care, but kick rocks," Saweetie simply told Charlotte.