| forty five |

Chapter.45

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

Drake looked up at the jeweler and asked how many carats the ring had. "It's a 15 carat pear cut diamond," He answered.

"How much?" Drake eyed the ring and tried to think if Charlotte would like it or not. "A little over two million," The jeweler answered another one of Drake's question.

Aubrey nodded his head and looked over at Adonis who was eyeing rings in the glass case. "Find anything Charlotte would like?"

Adonis shook his head, "They're all too small. Charlotte wants big," Adonis made a big hand gesture. Drake chuckled and told his son that he was right.

Drake gazed at many more rings, and the thought of having one made just for Charlotte crossed his mind. Drake wanted to give Char' something big, but tasteful. Not too crazy that she couldn't wear it everyday, and not too simple.

From across the room Chubbs called Drake over. "How about this one?" Chubb's pointed at a gorgeous emerald cut diamond ring. The jeweler walked up to the case and told them, "This is a 17 carat emerald cut diamond, with a diamond encrusted band. It sells for 3.3 million."

"Dad, that's the one!" Adonis jumped in excitement as he looked through the glass. Drake smiled, "Think so? Chubb's what do you say?"

Chubb's chuckled, "I think she'll say yes to that ring alone." Drake nodded his head and told the jeweler that he'd take the ring.

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

Charlotte sat down in the confession chair with a smile on her face that spread ear to ear. "I'm so excited to do this again!" She was sat in-front of three cameras, a sound crew, and producers. They had started filming for the family's new show 'The Kardashian's'.

"This is my very toxic version of therapy, and I've missed it," Charlotte let out a laugh. Tokyo, Charlotte and Kylie's hair stylist came out and fixed her slicked back ponytail.

"Are we filming?" Charlotte asked their show runner Emma. "Yes we are. Let's start with what we've missed while away."

Tokyo finished his touch ups and walked out of frame. Charlotte took a deep breath, "What a year! Everyone has had a crazy, but great time."

She knew she wouldn't be able to dance around the topic so she continued, "Um, I went through a very public breakup with Chris, Luscious's father. A bad one."

"It was rough there for a while," She slowly nodded her head. "The situation left me a little scarred, a lot of trust issues. But, I had great people to help me through it. Me and Chris are in a better place now and we're just focusing on Luscious. We don't want him to feel like anything bad has happened. We just want him happy."

"Have you found love since then?" Emma asked the adopted Jenner. "Oh you sneaky, cheeky, lady you," Charlotte pointed at the show runner.

"Yeah, about four, five months after me and Chris split. I started dating Aubrey, which you might know as Drake," Charlotte smiled. "And it's been amazing, truly. He's helped me a lot through this whole Chris situation. And he's good with Luscious. He's just a great guy."