Chapter Forty-One: The Bravest Hero

2 weeks later…

Alya

Marinette’s seat was empty - a sadly familiar sight nowadays. No one had seen Marinette or Adrien for the past few days - ever since Mr. Agreste was arrested and his wife was rediscovered. The only evidence of their existence was that the two had both broken up with their significant others earlier that week, and then nothing.

“Dang. Again?” Nino asked her as she began to enter the code for her locker. “This is the seventh time this week. You’d think they’d be back by now.”

“I don’t know, Nino. Marinette and Adrien aren’t answering my calls - not to mention Lila’s missing too.”

“Flu?” He guessed.

“No!” Alya began angrily taking her textbooks from her locker. “This isn’t like either of them! Marinette always tells me when she’s sick. But she’s gone radio silent!”

“Same with Adrien. But what can we do? The guy just found out that his dead mother is alive and that his dad was Hawkmoth for all these years. He might not answer back to me, but at least he- Alya? Alya, what are you-”

But the two were too busy staring in awestruck at the note that Alya had just discovered inside her locker.

Meet at the rooftop of the Bourgeois Hotel at 1700 hours

Ladybug and Cat Noir

“They want us to meet at Chloe’s house at 5pm.” Alya read aloud, looking back up at Nino - confusion flashing in her eyes.

“Do they usually leave notes?” He asked as she shook her head, beginning to reread the note for the fifth time.

“But I don’t understand. Ladybug told us that we could never be heroes again - because Hawkmoth knew our identities.” She recounted.

“Yeah. But now Hawkmoth - aka Gabriel Agreste - is in prison. It makes sense that they would tell us that we can help out again.”

“But why would they sign it ‘Ladybug and Cat Noir’? Isn’t Cygnet a permanent part of their team now?”

Nino shrugged, looking at his phone. “Well, I guess we’re going to find out in about 2 hours.”

- - -

Chloe?!

Cesaire?!”

What are you doing here?” The two pointed at each other in unison.

“It’s my house.” Chloe pointed out, crossing her arms in indignation. She glanced back at Alya. “Why are you and headphones boy here anyway?”

“We’re meeting someone.” Alya replied stiffly -not knowing if Ladybug wanted the same person who revealed hers and the rest of the miraculous holders identities to Hawkmoth.

“Ladybug and Cat Noir?”

Alya turned around to where Max, Kim, Luka, and Kagami were waiting - revealing themselves from behind the elevator. “They gave each of us a letter too. And don’t worry about Chloe - she’s been asked to be here too.”

“What?” Alya shrieked, turning on her ankle to where Chloe was smugly smirking - albeit it slightly faltered.

Chloe uncrossed her arms. “Look, the last time I talked with Ladybug...things went pretty rough. So I have no idea what’s going to happen now. But...I at least want to say sorry to her for what I did. To all of you.” She looked down.