Chapter Nineteen: Extra Help

“Ok, don’t panic.” Emma warned the kwamis as she opened the bag slowly - Tikki immediately flying out angrily. “Excuse me! How-” Tikki was cut off by a gasp. “Emma Bisset? But you’re..You’re Marinette’s friend! How do you know about kwamis? How’d you even manage to catch Plagg?”

“Hey! Let me out of here!” Plagg was shouting as Emma picked up the box. “I know a lot more than you think,” She remarked with a smile. “But, if I let him go, you are going to have to promise to stay and not fly back to Marinette’s house.” Tikki gasped. “But...but...how do you know Ladybug’s identity? It’s supposed to be a secret!”

“I’ll explain everything,” Emma reassured her. “But you and Plagg are going to have to promise not to do anything - and Plagg especially has to promise not to use his powers.” Tikki bit her lip. “Don’t listen to her, Sugarcube! Even if she tells everyone and we fly out of here, no one’s going to believe her! Everyone’s oblivious!” Plagg chimed in from his place in the box.

“It’s not that simple, Plagg!” Tikki squeaked back. She rubbed her chin in thought, staring at Emma intensely. “There’s something about you...I sensed it from the first time Marinette banged into you in her civilian form.” She trailed off. “Please, Tikki.” Emma pleaded. “I promise I’m not going to do anything to you two - I just need to talk.”

Tikki hesitated, but after a long moment, she nodded. Emma smiled, and finally released Plagg from his confinement, who zoomed out, grabbed Tikki by the hand as he attempted to fly away. “Come on, sugarcube! Quick! We can make it!” He exclaimed, but Tikki stopped him. “No, Plagg. I promised her that if she released you, we would stay, and that’s what we’re going to do.”

Tikki then grumbled, crossing her arms before facing Emma once again. “But there better be some explaining done here.” She warned Emma. “Yeah.” Plagg agreed, flying next to her. “Like how do you know our holder’s identities, how do you know our names, how do you know about kwamis, and how you have a box that can hold kwamis.”

Emma sighed, scratching the back of her ear nervously. It had been so long living off of lies, it was now a bit hard for her to tell the truth. “My name isn’t Emma Bisset.” She admitted slowly. “It’s Emma Agreste - I’m Adrien and Marinette’s daughter from the future.”

Plagg and Tikki both gasped in unison.

“The kid….has a kid?” Plagg asked in shock. “It all makes sense now..” Tikki mused. She looked up at Emma. “So that whole story about your parents being in the military and you having to live alone...was that all a lie?” Tikki asked.

Emma chuckled sadly. “Almost everything I tell them is a lie,” She said with a sigh. “The entire story wasn’t. I do live alone.” She admitted. “And your brother?” She whispered. Emma looked down, and Tikki’s eyes softened.

“Look,” Emma said, wiping the tears from her eyes, her voice thick with emotion. “I know you guys don’t know me. No one here does, but I know you,” She looked at Tikki. “You and I bake macaroons together, and we talk about boys, and a whole lot of other stuff that doesn’t make much sense.” She turned to Plagg. “We always steal all the camembert from Dad’s secret safe and eat it while watching anime, we like to be lazy together and nap around in secret spots around the house, and laugh when Mom and Dad can’t find us.”

Emma sniffed. “But right now, I kinda need your help.” Her voice broke. Tikki and Plagg exchanged a few looks before they both gently flew over to Emma. Tikki put a hand on her shoulder. “I might not know you yet, Emma, but I can sense that you have a good heart.” She looked back at Plagg, who nodded. “We’ll promise to listen - but I want to have some delicious camembert first.” Plagg said to her, making Emma chuckle.

“Thanks, Plagg. Thank you, Tikki.” She said, before taking a deep breath. “Here’s the story.”
------------------------------------------------------------------
Miraculous Ladybug New York is coming out today!!🐞🗽🌆