Chapter Seventeen: An Idea

Emma paced around her room, Cia’s eyes following her holder’s movements as she did so. “Emma, you’re going to wear a path of feet on your carpet if you keep pacing like this,” Cia warned her as Emma groaned, throwing another bloody tissue into the trashcan.

“It’s been months, Cia!” Emma complained as she collapsed into her desk chair. “Months that I’ve spent here in the past, trying to fix a problem that can’t be solved!” Emma exclaimed, throwing her arms up in frustration.

“But you’re a little better! I mean, the nosebleeds haven’t been happening as much, and you’re back to your original strength.” Cia encouraged her holder. Emma sighed, her posture sagging. “Maybe I shouldn't have come back here, Cia.” Emma whispered. “I should’ve just spent the remaining months I had left with Hugo and Inez and the rest of my family in the future.” She said quietly. “That way I wouldn’t have to die alone, like I am going to here,”

Cia practically slapped her holder across the face, pulling on one of Emma’s space buns. “Ow! Cia!” Emma complained as Cia huffed. “Don’t you dare say that, Emma! You are going to fix this because that’s your mission. You are Emma Agreste - daughter of Paris’s superheroes, an award-winning dancer, you are your own superhero! You will do this!” Cia encouraged her.

Emma hung her head. “How?” Emma deadpanned with a sigh. “My parents are officially oblivious. I mean, I can tell that they now have a crush on each other again - along with Kagami and Luka, but if they just...if they just knew each other’s identities, it would set everything in motion.”

Cia shook a finger. “Do you remember what Bunnyx said? The reveal won’t do anything unless they stop liking the other people first. There’s a certain order to this, Emma.” Cia reminded her. Emma bit her lip.

“You’re right, Cia.” Emma agreed, standing up and beginning to pace around the room again. “What if...we lock Mom and Dad in a room together?” She suggested. Cia shook her head. “Lock Kagami and Luka in a room together?” She tried again.

“No!” Cia exclaimed, flying to Emma’s face. “Emma, we need another plan. This isn’t working so far. We need...we need help.” Emma raised an eyebrow, throwing her arms up in the air. “Who, Cia? Who in the world could help us?”

Cia put a hand on her chin in thought. “Someone who knows Ladybug and Cat Noir’s secret...someone who’s been around for a long time so they can give us advice on what to do,” She mumbled, and then Emma and Cia’s eyes locked together.

“What about Tikki and Plagg?!” Emma exclaimed, jumping up excitedly. “They can help us - and they will also be able to keep my secret.” She added. Cia clapped excitedly. “It’s been a while since I’ve seen them. It’ll be fun!” Cia exclaimed. The kwami paused for a second, raising an eyebrow before looking back at Emma.

“But Emma...how do you plan to get them to talk to us? I mean, yeah, you know where they’ll be, but kwamis are supposed to stick with their owners at all times. They’ll be with your parents constantly. How would you get to talk to them without your mom or dad noticing?” Cia asked.

Emma smiled mischievously - a plan already forming inside her mind. “I’ve got an idea for that, Cia..”