Stay

This chapter is not edited, feel free to point out any mistakes. Constructive criticism is much appreciated.

The edit used does not belong to me. Credit to the rightful owners.

Now let's dive into the chapter without wasting time.

_______________

Jungkook was still lost in the thoughts of a certain boy who was the cause of his heightened heartbeats that he didn't register the hurried footsteps entering the room.

"Jungkook! Are you okay? Are you in pain? I've told you not to go overboard with your training countless times but you never listen and- why are you sitting? You should be resting, lie down quick!"

Breaking out of his daydreaming session, Jungkook was startled by the panicked voice of his mother and the onslaught of rushed questions thrown at him. He waited for his mother to end with her scolding and only when he was met with silence for a few seconds did he open his mouth to speak.

"Mother calm down, I'm perfectly fine, the wound isn't even that deep, I got distracted while practicing and thus got the cut, it's nothing to worry about."

"Distracted? By what?"

His mother enquired astound by her son's words, her son was the epitome of discipline and concentration especially when he was practicing. It must've took something big and serious to get him so distracted that he got injured. Something was clearly wrong.

"I- Um-  I-I was just worried about father so I couldn't concentrate properly. B-besides taehyung treated the cut so it's okay now "

Jungkook said with his porcelain skin turning a faint shade of red and his lips tilting slightly upwards without his consent. He could only pray his mother bought his lie and wouldn't interrogate further. But the change in his complexion and his obvious stutter didn't go unnoticed by the hawk eyes of his mother who only smiled mischievously. So something is wrong, rather.. someone.

"Mhm okay, then I would make sure to thank the boy personally for taking such good care of my son. "

The teasing hidden 'neath the veil of courtesy wasn't missed by the prince but the embarrasment was quickly replaced by a strange feeling at the thought of his mother meeting his taehyung personally and thanking him. He should be the one thanking him, taehyung took care of him not his mother. Wait...his?!?

Before he could reprimand himself for his foolish 'slip up', he was brought out of his thoughts by the warm embrace of his mother, her arms tightening just a tad bit around his torso. The fact that his mother ,who although loved him but didn't show affection so openly, was hugging him so tightly rendered him speechless.

Just as he got over his initial shock after a few minutes and was about to lift his arms to hug back, the hug was ended and his mother left but not before giving him a pat on his head and telling him to take care.

........

It was late in the evening and the sun had already set a long time ago , not that it mattered to Jungkook who could only see black around him whether it was day or night. But what it did mean was that it was time to change his bandages. A small part of him wanted a particular healer to do that but he knew it was not possible for he must have already gone back to his home.