Retrouvailles

This chapter is not edited, feel free to point out any mistakes. Constructive criticism is much appreciated.

Note: Just so you don't get confused, jimin was hoseok in his previous life. So if I mention hoseok just know I'm talking about jimin and vice versa.

Long chapter ahead.

__________

"Hoseokie.."

Taehyung's shaking voice made the bickering duo's heads snap in his direction. The two oblivious boys stopped fighting instantly and focused their attention on the teary eyed boy instead.

Taehyung's eyes were red around the rims giving away the emotional turmoil going on inside him. His sight was unfocused and his pupils were moving rapidly as if searching for someone, puzzling the newly arrived person.

Jimin turned to jungkook with his eyebrows furrowed in a silent question. His confusion only grew when the other looked at him through pained eyes urging him to understand what he couldn't voice out.

When it finally struck him, the cause of the veil of sadness covering his friend's features, jimin slapped a hand over his mouth to bit back a sob bubbling in his throat.

He couldn't believe the fate of the unlucky couple in front of him. It seemed like misfortune always surrounded them like thick fog on a winter morning. He had witnessed jungkook's suffering firsthand both in this life and the previous one, and he had felt helpless in his inability to help the other at both times.

Now, looking at taehyung- who was still staring at where he assumed the pair was, with his misty and shaking orbs- jimin could guess his current life hadn't been much easier than his previous one. His heart ached for the couple.

"Hyung.."

Jimin used the term even though he was still unaware about the other's age- for the sake of all the memories they had made together, rushing towards the slightly trembling man and placing a hand on his forearm. He squeezed the mass of flesh in his grip lightly in an attempt at providing comfort.

"It's really you?"

Taehyung said touching the other's face with a shivering hand, his fingers roaming over his features trying to remember if he still looked the same. His wandering hand found its way to jimin's head, caressing his silky hair before he retracted his hand. He felt overwhelmed from the wave of emotions crashing down on him.

He vaguely recalled hearing a child's voice calling out his name, giggling and laughing in his dreams. He only remembered now it was the voice of hoseok from his other life. Taehyung felt himself getting overcome by nostalgia at the memories of old times.

"Yes hyung."

Jimin said smiling faintly at the hand gliding over his face as if trying to decipher what he looked like. He took a shuddering breath when taehyung patted his head, just like he would when jimin was still a kid in his other lifetime.

"Tae, jimin hyung..I think we should head back."

Jungkook said, his voice laced with heavy emotions. He winced softly at having to interrupt the tearful reunion but it seemed like the trio had caught the attention of a few people, who had stopped in their paths to look at them weirdly.