King (Part II)

This chapter is not edited, feel free to point out any mistakes. Constructive criticism is much appreciated.

The story is nearing it's end. Get your tissue box and pack of chocolates ready.

________

Days turned into months and months into years, everything was almost back to normal. Almost. The sun still rose every morning and the birds still sang loud. The moon still rose to illuminate the sky and the stars still twinkled in their usual glory.

But jungkook's sky was dark since a particular night. The warmth had left his life only for it to get filled with bone chilling coldness. No song sounded melodious to him anymore, ever since the voice he longed to hear had stopped singing to him.

After the culprits of the famous conspiracy against the prince had been put to silence, it was as if jungkook had lost his life's purpose. He didn't know what to live for now, he had lost all motivation. He didn't come out of his room anymore and whenever he did, the gloominess was obvious in his hunched shoulders, frowning eyebrows, lethargic steps and bloodshot eyes. No one had ever seen the crown prince- now king, so depressed before.

Everyone who knew him personally was extremely worried for him. He seemed so fragile that it seemed like even a feather touch could break him- if he wasn't already in a million pieces. They were afraid he would fall apart soon. Except that he didn't.

Jungkook had cried so much in the past few days that he felt like he had run out of tears, but he was proven wrong everytime his eyes would dampen after being assaulted by a memory. He was tired of reliving the painful past, tired of sobbing till his throat ached and his head throbbed, tired of feeling so lost and helpless, tired of breathing, tired of living. He just wanted to give up and let go.

But all this changed after a certain encounter with a servant boy of the palace.

Jungkook was going out for a walk in the garden after being forced by the queen who threatened to donate the instruments kept in the music room if he didn't get out of his chambers soon. He couldn't say no- fearing she'd really give them away, the instruments his taehyung used to play, the things that still bore the touch of his fingers.

Besides it had been so long since he felt the sunrays kiss his skin. He couldn't even say that he missed the warmth, the warmth he had been missing would never grace his cold body again. But still he forced himself to get out of bed and venture outside.

He was just walking absent mindedly when he heard a yelp. It sounded weak and fearful. When he turned around the corner he saw a small boy who looked no more than 6-7 years of age- lying on the ground shaking with bruised hands and face flushed with tears. An older servant was standing beside him, towering over the boy menacingly.

Jungkook immediately hid behind a pillar wanting to see what the situation was about without judging beforehand. Though he doubted it could be judged wrongly. It was clear as day what was going on.

"Useless boy! You can't do a single thing right. I told you to mop the floor, why is it still so dirty? First you don't do your work properly and then threaten to rat me out to the young king for giving you your deserved punishment! How dare you!"

The servant said, his face red with rage making the boy shake like a leaf and whimper in fear. "Y-Yes I will. The k-king would punish you. He's n-nice." The boy said feigning bravery but looked clearly frightened for his life.