Dual

This chapter is not edited, feel free to point out any mistakes. Constructive criticism is much appreciated. Btw the past arc ends in this chapter.

The edit does not belong to me. Credits to the rightful owners.

This chapter is just a bunch of events put together, so it might not make much sense. Long chapter ahead.

______

Jungkook was standing in the former king's chambers, with his head somewhat lowered and eyes trained on the ground he listened to the man standing before him repeat the same thing over and over again. He had lost count of how many times they've had different versions of the same conversation in the past.

And frankly speaking jungkook was tired. He had no energy to reply anymore, to try and make his father understand his point when he clearly didn't want to listen. So jungkook just decided to keep quiet this time and not speak up like he usually did.

"Till when are you going to act selfish?"

Selfish? How many times had jungkook asked himself if he was being selfish before making any decision ever since he had become king. Every word he spoke, every action he took, every decision he made, jungkook only tried to make sure it was in the benefit of his people and the kingdom. He tried to take as less as possible and give as much as he could. But maybe even his best wasn't enough.

"Why don't you understand? Rumors have started circulating in the empire."

Rumors weren't something knew to jungkook. He had been familiar with them since he was a toddler. He had been surrounded by all sorts of rumors since his childhood.

In his childhood, they ranged from how people thought the king only took care of him because he didn't want his reputation to be ruined by throwing away his own son to how he wasn't actually blind but only presented as such to protect him from the attacks of enemies (if only they knew how many attempts to assassinate him had taken place but never revealed to the general public).

When he took up sword fighting, the rumours were about how the young prince had become delusional for thinking he could actually learn to fight with his disability and then changed to how he was surely going to lead the kingdom to it's demise if he were to become king even after he had proven to be one of the most skilled swordsman of the empire.

One would think, the talks would finally stop once he became king and proved his capability in handling the reins of the empire but they didn't. The rumors just never stopped. The topic being spoken about though changed.

Recently, the rumors about jungkook that had come to his notice were rather disturbing to say the least. He acted like they didn't affect him but he knew deep down that they did.

People now talked about his taehyung, and how he had been killed- which wasn't a hidden fact but they speculated he had been killed by the king himself, king being jeon jungkook. They suspected the whole attack on the boy had been a set up, an act to get the one thing the royal couple had so desperately wanted for their son.

A cure.

Yes, some mole had leaked the news that taehyung had been the one to find a potential treatment for jungkook's blindness, and it had been in fact his very own eyes that were planted in the prince.