The Sky Mission

Third Person POV:

     Kill Queen Scarlet.

     That was Glory's mission. Killing the queen of the SkyWings. The one that terrified people with her love of killing and horrified her subjects with that disgusting arena.

     Glory was... scared. She had never tried to assassinate a royal, much less a queen!

     Deathbringer was ready. Glory didn't know how he could look so... composed.

     "Okay, I'm going to read about Scarlet so we can know more about how to defeat her." That was the excuse Glory gave Deathbringer to escape his company and hide the pale green color creeping up her wingtips.

     It was a valid excuse: now that she thought about it, it seemed like a good idea to read about Scarlet.

     Glory tried to brush past her best friend, but to no avail.

     "Awww, are you scared Blue?" Deathbringer asked with a knowing/teasing smile. While in the NightWing kingdom, Death always called her Blue in case they were being overheard.

     Glory groaned. "No, I'm just... eh, nervous. Yes, a little nervousness makes the whole thing easier to deal with," Glory said unconvincingly. She inwardly cringed at herself: easier to deal with? I could have come up with literally ANYTHING and I said 'easier to deal with?'

     "Don't be scared, Blue," said Death, completely disregarding her previous statement. "I will protect you!" He put his wing around Glory with the smuggest of smirks. "I will start by making you less nervous!" The young male NightWing seemed to think that Glory needed constant protection.

     Glory glared at him and sarcastically responded, "Oh thank you, Prince Charming. I'm sure your venom and-"

     Death suddenly clamped a claw over her snout. Glory's eyes widened as she realized her mistake.

     "Uh, I mean your future seeing abilities will come in soooooo handy because I am completely defenseless." She sighed because her sarcastic line had been ruined due to her mistake. It was supposed to be that she reminded him that SHE had abilities too, but of course she had to slip up. Which basically proves Deathbringer's point, she thought furiously.

     "Blue, you may have the power to see the future but I can read minds." He winked at her and added, "And right now, you're thinking I'm the handsomest and strongest coolest bravest dragon of them all!" He looked so proud of himself.

     Glory snorted. "No, I'm thinking that you're the smuggest, most over-confident dragon on Pyrrhia." She thought for a second and then added, "And ugly too."

     Deathbringer dramatically held a claw over his heart. "Blue, how could you say that! I am wounded!"

     Glory giggled a bit and finally said, "Okay, okay, I admit you are handsome," with a tone of reluctance.

     Deathbringer then proceeded to bounce around like a two year old dragonet for the next fifteen minutes, Glory chasing after him playfully. They teased and insulted each other and ran until they were out of breath.

     "I totally won that argument." Glory said smugly.

     "And I totally made you less nervous." Deathbringer responded matter-of-factly.

     Glory made a face, knowing he was right. Darn it! I shouldn't have let his "handsomeness" distract me.

     Death smirked as if reading her mind.