Prisoners

Anemone's POV:

     Good job, Glory, I couldn't help but think as the RainWing grabbed the enchanted stick from my talons. The air around me suddenly felt so heavy I almost dropped to the floor, but I couldn't help feeling as if a great weight was lifted from my shoulders. I wouldn't be hurting my friends or getting hurt today!

     I watched as Glory glared at me and used the stick, Blister's snarls echoing around in my head. When I was possessed, I could still think for myself: I just couldn't do anything physical to show that I could. I wondered if me being able to think meant anything, if I could somehow be in control: but I knew nothing about animus magic thanks to that insolent Whirlpool. The good news was, neither did Blister.

     I watched from my own eyes as Glory, Deathbringer, Peril, and Jambu flew off unharmed. For a few minutes, Blister stayed possessing me: then she got bored of not being able to do anything and left, but she left me a message.

     I'll be back, SeaWing.

     I couldn't communicate with Blister, but she could send me a message when she was possessing me.

     My muscles tensed and my vision flashed: and then suddenly I could control myself again. I was still trapped in the air, but I knew that when the stick got out of range I would be free. It worked faster than expected: I supposed Glory broke the stick or something. 

     I slipped into the water, opting to take the long way to the Deep Palace so that I didn't run into the dragons who just managed to escape. Just in case Blister decided to control me again, I didn't want her targets to be anywhere near me.

     As I entered the Deep Palace, SeaWings began to quickly swim away, something I told them to do unless I spoke aquatic to them. Blister couldn't speak aquatic, so when she was possessing me underwater SeaWings knew. I flashed I'm fine in the underwater language and the SeaWings relaxed, but they didn't come near me.

     I knew my tribe had mixed feeling towards me: I was contaminated with a bit of Blister, and I could hurt them: but I had used my magic to protect them as best I could. 

     Used to it, I swam to my bedroom, which I didn't share with Queen Coral anymore. It was like a prison, an animus-proof one that I had enchanted years ago. Guards locked the prison up and I sat there, thinking. 

     My muscles shuddered and suddenly my senses dimmed as another dragon took control of my body. Glaring around at the prison, she left again. 

     I wasn't just a prisoner in my new room. I was a prisoner in my own body.

     Blister's POV: (I know, I know. She sucks. I just want this chapter to be over 1k words.)

     Ugh. She was in that prison again. I had seen it before, it was animus-proof. Growling softly, I came back to my own body, laying in the safe place I had been for almost half my days. Enchanted by Anemone, no dragon could even talk to me here, nor reach me with animus magic (unless it was Anemone.) 

     When I had been to that prison the first time, I had tried to break out using claws and animus magic. Neither worked.

     I hadn't used Anemone to enchant many things I thought would be useful. I wanted to save her soul for when it was truly necessary. I was forming a plan already....

     I walked out of my safe room quietly after making sure no one was there first. I didn't stay there all the time, because no news nor dragons could reach me there. I had to send out orders, receive news and get meals like any normal dragon.