SandWing Sisters Still Survive

This chapter will be pretty short, because it's just meant to show what's been happening whilst Glory and Deathbringer were finding the RainWings. Edit - actually, 2.5k words. Nevermind XD

     Burn's POV:

     Of course the stronghold was in chaos when I got back.

     Why wouldn't it be? My idiotic brother was in charge and I wasn't there to keep him in line. SandWings didn't have a leader while I was gone.

     "YOU HAD ONE JOB!" I roared at Smolder, fuming. "KEEP THE STRONGHOLD SAFE! S-A-F-E!"

     My STUPID brother was looking at the floor.

     "ACTUALLY, you had an even EASIER job! The GUARDS were keeping it safe. YOUR job was to keep this place ORDERLY. ORDERLY! DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THE WORD MEANS?" I spat.

     "Your highness," Smolder said. "I was guarding the prisoner - I didn't know-"

     "GUARDING THE PRISONER!" I said scathingly. "AND WHERE, MAY I ASK, IS THIS PRISONER NOW?"

     Smolder didn't answer.

     "Oh YEAH, I remember," my voice cracked from the effort of keeping it somewhat quiet, "she's with the Scorpion Den, WHICH INVADED THE FORTRESS TO GET HER OUT OF HERE!"

     "You highness-" Smolder started calmly.

     "ARE YOU NOT TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY!?" I roared. "DRAGONS DEAD, ONE OF MY BEST GENERALS LYING MOTIONLESS OUTSIDE, PANIC AMONG THE RANKS, CHAOS WITHIN THE WALLS, THE ESCAPE OF THE PRISONER THAT ACTUALLY MATTERED, WHICH WAS SCARLET, YOU FOOL- AND ON TOP OF IT ALL, ANOTHER PRISONER ESCAPED, ALONG WITH THE LEADER OF THE SCORPION DEN, FROM WITHIN THESE VERY WALLS!"

     I was NOT having a good day. A very bad one indeed. I would need to kill AT LEAST TEN THINGS to stop myself from shouting every sentence.

     "I SHOULD KILL YOU RIGHT NOW." I announced. I looked at my brother, who knew what I said was true as well.

     "Your highness," a shaky voice interrupted.

     I whirled around to see a dragon who was unfortunate to stumble into this room during my furious outbreak. "WHAT RANK ARE YOU!?" I roared at him.

     "S-sergeant, your highness," he said, looking at the floor. All of his scales were trembling.

     Just the right rank for killing - it won't make a dent in my army if he goes missing, I thought.

     But it was then that I noticed the MudWing with him, and for a minute interest and curiosity bubbled up above the surface of my anger.

     "Speak," I said. I could kill him later anyways.

     "Your majesty," the SandWing said, "This M-MudWing was found at our border. There were more - they're outside the stronghold, your majesty. This one volunteered to see you. He has a message."

     The SandWing stepped back, clearly relieved not to be in the center of my attention. The MudWing stepped forward. I realized that he looked very tired, as if he had flown here as fast as possible.

     "Tell me," I said before he could say a word, "Are you not supposed to be attacking the IceWings at this very moment?"

     "Your majesty," he began, "with all due respect, the MudWings have decided not to go through with the attack."