Surfaced

HELLO RUSHED AUTHOR'S NOTE TIME GOOD TO SEE YOU RIGHT GOOD ENOUGH BYE

       Zircon's POV:

     "I do not like this," I commented. "Not at all. I do not think this is a good idea."

     "What?" Tsunami asked innocently.

     "A dramatic entrance?" Starflight asked disapprovingly. "I kind of have to agree with Zircon on this one. That is a nice, quick way to the moons and beyond."

     "It sounds like a better place than this one right now," I mumbled under my breath, but thankfully no one heard it.

     "Why not?" Deathbringer asked from beside me. "What's wrong with going in with style?"

     "We don't go in with style," Glory reminded him. "We go in and announce 'hey, dragons of Pyrrhia, we're the dragonets of destiny and two assassins, now listen to us you little idiots and stop fighting!'"

     "And then one of the SandWing princesses goes, 'oh, you ARE the dragonets of destiny, well thank you for showing up, how convenient for walking right into my claws' and then BOOM CRASH ROAR we're dead." Starflight shuddered.

      "Quite the contrary," Deathbringer said. "All the dragons go 'yay its the dragonets we will now worship you' and then all the bad guys go 'oh no, they're gonna kill me, have mercy' and then anyone who gets in the way, Glory and I will deal with."

     "Right," said Glory. "That sounds like a great plan. Except for the part where they get assassinated by the new SandWing queen!"

     "And then you guys die too," I said.

     "Not happening," said Deathbringer. "No one dies - not us, not anyone else, unless they get in our way. We have the RainWings with us, remember?"

     "And I'm sure some dragons will fight to protect us after we stop the war," Sunny added. "I don't want more fighting, but if it comes to that, I think a lot of dragons will chose fighting for us and peace rather than a queen who had the throne for less than ten heartbeats and is already trying to murder someone. Not a very good way to begin life after the war."

     "Besides," said Clay somewhat reluctantly, "how else will they know it's us if we don't go in and announce it? To them, we'll just look like a few dragonets with different scale colors if we sit and hide and show up when most of the stabby bits are already over. We have to start strong to show who we are and that we aren't afraid. If we show any signs of fear, well, that's when most of the 'ack blood death' parts will come."

     I sighed but nodded. "You're right," I admitted. "But I still don't like it. It feels so wrong to have just been hiding all this time and then suddenly going, 'oh hey how ya doing, just wanted to check in and kill two dragons out of the blue real quick.'"

     "Too bad," said Tsunami. "The past is in the past. No one can change it."

     Why did I just feel a chill? I asked myself. Is it because we're about to die, or....

     Why do I feel like that's... wrong? Tsunami's right. The past is in the past. No one can change it.

     The tingling feeling in my chest kept tingling.

     Okay. Well, I can't change the past, at least. Maybe an animus can. But here and now I can't, so I'm just going to focus on the present and a bit of the future.