So Pink It's Scary (VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL)

Hello awesome readers, and happy Valentine's Day!!! This is a Glorybringer special that I imagine to happen a few years after the story: The Only RainWing in the War. That's right, this chapter ISN'T RELATED to what is currently going on in the story, it's a special. Anyways, hope you enjoy!

     It was a beautiful day in the rain forest, and Deathbringer was happily skipping around the NightWing village. The sun was shining, flowers were blooming: it was warm and there was not a cloud in sight. The earth was so springy that Deathbringer felt as though he was flying as he bounced along.

     "Morning!" "Good morning!" "Such a nice day!" "Hello, great day isn't it?" Death never seemed to run out of happy comments as he made his way through his home. Death had officially been appointed leader of the NightWing village while Glory was in the RainWing home. He was leaving the command to a trusted NightWing that day... because he wasn't planning on spending it there. He was spending it with Glory!

     He practically ran in excitement to the RainWing village: the guards outside had turned pink for the occasion. That's right: it was Valentine's Day in Pyrrhia.

     The guards cheerfully let him in once they recognized him. One leaned over and whispered, "Do you think I was extra cheerful? Please say I was to the rest of the tribe, thanks!" Deathbringer was confused but continued without comment. Nothing would ruin his good mood, not even curiosity!

     As Death stepped into the RainWing village, he stopped. Then he turned around, closed his eyes and walked right out, thinking he was hallucinating. He came back in and found the same sight awaiting him. His jaw dropped.

     Pink flowers. Pink huts. Pink bushes. Pink fruits.

     Pink dragons.

     In the center of the village, RainWings were laughing and in all shades of pink, some even close to crimson. No one had any other color on their scales, not even yellow. All of them were smiling and laughing and just generally looked so joyfully and blindingly pink he nearly ran back. But then he saw something that had him rooted to the spot.

     In the very center of the group, a young female with astonishing green eyes caught his gaze. Mustering up the biggest, most excited looking smile she could muster, Glory said (in a very high pitched voice) "Happy Valentine's Day!"

     It turned out the RainWings were hosting a challenge this year: remain pink and cheerful through the whole. Entire. Day. Whoever lost was teased about it for years until they redeemed themselves, especially if they were an important RainWing like Queen Glory. If you refused to participate, same fate as if you lost. Plus, if Glory didn't participate, everyone would think their queen didn't approve of fun, and that she was boring. So from sunrise to sunset, Glory had to remain pink. And cheerful. Which was her least favorite thing to do.

     After a very excited Kinkajou explained this to him, he nearly burst out laughing. Glory was not quite as amused. The worst part was, she couldn't even snap back at him or she would lose.

     It wasn't that Glory had anything against the color pink, Death knew. She just didn't like it on her scales. It was too joyful and close to her feelings and personal. She preferred mysterious colors, and refused to ever turn pink - even for Deathbringer. Now here she was, all pink-ed up.

     Death also had a great opportunity: now that Glory had to be cheerful, it would be harder for her to shoot him or his plans down. He planned to take advantage.