One is Red, One is Blue, and the Other is From You... (EASTER SPECIAL)

This takes place a few years after the WOF books take place. If you look closely, I will include a little Easter egg for the ending of this story... but you probably won't find it so easily. And no need to find it, it's not vital. It's just a little hint.

     WARNING: contains a bit of blood and pain. Skip to summery if that triggers you.

     Okay, here is you late Easter Special!

     Third Person POV:

     Deathbringer walked around the Rainforest happily, looking out at the light. Today was all about rebirth, souls, happiness and mystery... all which Deathbringer was familiar with.

     In Pyrrhia, this holiday was in honor of a hero dragon from a few hundred years back. An animus. They had fought hard in a terrible war, trying to make peace. The animus used up so much magic that he would have lost his soul. But the dragon made it so that he was physically weaker instead, and eventually he died in battle. This was the day (years ago of course) his egg hatched with the full memory and abilities of it's father... he was reborn as a dragonet.

     Deathbringer hummed happily as he walked through the dew. It was a mix of sunny and a bit misty from a recent light shower of rain. The air was not hot nor cold, just cool. The mist on Death's scales just made the day seem all more fresh.

     Death was on his way to see Glory, who would love this weather. The sun was shining, but the mist on the ground was refreshing. Glory would be so happy!

     Of course, Death and Glory lived together now. They had been happily married for almost three years, and adventure each new day. Being a royal dragon did have it's pros and cons: adventure was pretty easy to come by as a queen if you did some of the stuff yourself.

     Being a royal also set up Glorybringer's situation slightly differently. They could not go on vacations anywhere they wanted whenever they wanted. They were sometimes separated by duties. But all in all, the pair was happy.

     Being a royal was not very easy, but Death could only imagine how hard it was for Glory. The previous queen had resigned by choice, and the throne was Glory's now. For both NightWings and RainWings.

     He couldn't imagine how difficult it must be to be queen of her own tribe and the NightWings. Surely she would be relieved when a dragonet of hers decided to take the throne....

     Dragonets.

     Deathbringer had been thinking about them recently. Glory needed heirs. He always knew that. But it was only a few years after they officially got together that he realized... if Glory had heirs, it would mean that he would have a dragonet. He would be a father.

     Deathbringer, former-assassin who tried to kill Glory is going to be a father... with Glory as the mother. Deathbringer mused.

     He and Glory hadn't really talked about having dragonets really seriously. It was a big responsibility, and a big step in their relationship. But he had been thinking about it recently, and Glory had been doing the same. (Privately: neither knew what the other thought about the matter.)

     Deathbringer rounded the corner of a path and the cottage Glorybringer shared came into view. Death loved his morning walks, and today's had been amazing. In fact, he wanted to bring Glory with him on a second walk in an hour or so.

     Deathbringer swung into the beautiful place. He was happy that Glory decided a little cottage far away from everything else was a good place to live. The pair liked to live privately, even though they worked in a very public environment. It was a good balance.