From Prisoner To Possible Death

Glory's POV:

     I whirled around and breathed a sigh of relief. "Deathbringer. You came!"

     Deathbringer, though his voice was steady, looked anything but calm. Well, to anyone who knew him. Barely anyone would have noticed the slight twitch in his wings and the panic in his eyes, but I did.

     "We need to get you out of here. Fast. I just sent Jambu to figure out why the NightWings kidnapped all these RainWings." Deathbringer kept talking without an explanation. Honestly, there was no need for one: if Death said run, I would run.

     Then, the next part of his sentence hit me. Jambu. I trusted Deathbringer, but not enough for me to trust him trusting my brother. "Are... are you sure we should trust Jambu to do that? I mean, he's sweet, but he might let his guard down." I said while the three of us started a hasty trot down the tunnel.

     "He's the one who told me you were captured," Death said shortly, and after a pause he explained what Jambu told him.

     I listened to this, my scales going from green to blue: with Deathbringer around, I felt much safer. As if he would protect me. Brotherly feeling....

     But wait: Jambu was my brother, and I didn't feel that way about him....

     I thought of Jambu as sweet, innocent, and don't-trust-to-do-dangerous-stuff. I knew he had a good heart, and I wanted to protect him as best I could. I wouldn't want him in a fight next to me: he might get hurt.

     I thought of Deathbringer... charming, smart, good-looking (though I would never admit it) and I trusted him. Not just with secrets, with capabilities. I knew he had a good heart as well, and he was also strong and wanted to protect me like I did him. He planned ahead and he was just amazing: I never wanted to fight without him, I knew he could protect himself well.

     So if you don't feel like he's your brother... what do you feel? A little voice asked me.

     You're not the type to let mysteries go unanswered, it whispered when it got no response.

     Luckily, Deathbringer's shout was a welcome distraction. "OUT! Get the little RainWing out of here and Silverscale!" Silverscale was our code for, "GLORY QUICK TURN INTO A NIGHTWING/RAINWING/WHATEVER OTHER TRIBE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE AND SECRETLY AND NOW!" Silverscales (with an s) meant, "It's okay you don't have to hide just turn into that other tribe. Like, NOW."

     I nodded and grabbed Kinkajou. Jambu's head materialized out of thin air near us and was sporting an unfamiliar panicked expression. "JAMBU! Take Kinkajou and GO!"

     "Got it, Glory!" Jambu yelled.

     "What about you, Glory?" Kinkajou asked hurriedly as Deathbringer took my wing bands off.

     "I'll be fine...." I said, turning some of my scales such a dark inky blue it was almost black.

     Kinkajou seemed to understand and hurried off while I disguised myself as Bluemoon. Deathbringer had taken off all the things the NightWings had put to monitor us.

     I leapt with Deathbringer around the Night Kingdom, and we just fled like that. On the way, I knocked out a NightWing who was trying to injure Kinkajou. Then we ran to the fortress to see Morrowseer.

     Morrowseer looked absolutely furious. "THERE YOU ARE, BLUEMOON. TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH!" he shouted and I winced, thinking of my detour to the Ice Kingdom. Morrowseer glared at me and then Deathbringer. "Well? Are the Dragonets of Destiny dead? The SeaWing, the SkyWing, the SandWing? Where is the NightWing?"

     Deathbringer growled slightly and said, "I don't have them... they are being protected by RainWings... who are learning what you - what we are up to at this very moment."

     Morrowseer growled and flicked his tail. "I'll deal with you in a minute, Deathbringer. Guards, keep him prisoner in that room."

      Deathbringer went quietly, looking at me. He seemed to be saying, I will escape.

     I nodded. Then I turned around. Morrowseer and I were alone.

     Morrowseer stepped towards me. "Bluemoon. You disappeared for long amounts of time. You led Deathbringer with you. You failed to kill Queen Scarlet." I gasped quietly: she was still alive?

     Think of mission you failed later: think of life you're about to mess up NOW.

     Morrowseer took another step. I tried not to flinch.

     He kept stepping towards me until he was right next to me and then whispered, "And that is why you have to die."

     NEXT CHAPTER PEEPS

     (This is probably the shortest chapter I ever made) (And most rushed)