Before the duel part 2

(I do not own pjo or hoo Rick Riordan does)

Percy POV

I arrived at the duel place aka the camp arena and I was about 10 minutes early. Since using Riptide might reveal my identity I will use my mace I've fondly nicknamed "Neck-breaker". Akin to how Riptide turns into a pen, this turns into a keychain.

I quickly unsheathed it and swung it three times, decapitating all three of the dummies. I heard a clap and saw Poseidon watching. Trying to remain calm, I asked" Lord Poseidon what are you doing here? Forgive me but I thought you were in depression."

" Normally I am but I could not sit idly by while my brother was being put in his place. This will be the fight of the millennia!" " Is this revenge for him banishing your son Perseus Jackson?"

" No" Poseidon sighed sadly" my brother actually voted for my son to not be banished, the vote was six to five for his banishment due to some abstaining. For it was Athena, Ares, Dionysos, Hera, Aphrodite and myself."

I mentally noted all of that down and swore to wreak vengeance on those gods later.

" Why did you vote for his banishment?"

" Tartarus appeared to me and threatened to kill my son Percy's mortal parents Paul and Sally as well as their child. Sally was pregnant, yet she and the mortal died anyway and I lost my son. What seemed like the right decision was apparently the worst I ever made.

My mind was reeling. My Father had not betrayed me and was trying to protect my family?!

Overcome with grief, I was about to rush up and hug him right there but the Olympian council appeared and I knew it was time to fight.