Celebrations and executions part 1

Percy POV
Flash forward a few hours.
I never thought I would say it but Zeus really knew how to party! There were banners and balloons everywhere and the streets of Olympus were covered in confetti. Joyful people, satyrs, naiads and nymphs danced around as if they had nary a care in the world.I was on my way to the feasting hall/ throne room where no doubt Zeus would make a exaggerated speech about the glory of the gods;  even though their contribution had been minimal. Zoe and Luke were up ahead holding hands and Leo had even forgiven Jason and Piper and the three of them were laughing with Calypso as Leo did a funny face.

As I turned, I was broken out my musings by the sight of Frank sprinting past me. Hazel was in pursuit and stopped next to me panting. 'Umm...what happened?' I asked.' He iris messaged Pamela and she was caught in flagrante delicto. She then dumped him there and then before ending the message." Hazel panted. I used a small hurricane to restore the air to her lungs so she could renew her pursuit of Frank, who was a mere speck in the distance by now. 'Thank you Percy,  I'll try and get him back now!' She then ran off, leaving me shaking my head in wonder but smiling at Hazel's devotion. The world was truly a strange place.

Time skip

'WELCOME DEMIGODS!!!' Zeus boomed, dressed in ceremonial garb with a purple cape and a golden crown on his head. Hera sat beside him wearing a beautiful Golden dress. 'Although the Olympians may not have been able to fight, we commend the bravery of the Thunder Mercenaries and of course of the Demigods and Legacies who fought for us all!' The cows cheered as my dad stood up an beamed proudly at me. I was wearing normal clothes as were all the other mercenaries and none of us had masks on as we were proud to be who we were. Anyway Poseidon summoned his trident and pretended to be scared."Zeus being modest?! Who are you and what have you done with my brother?!' The hall burst into laughter and Zeus scowled playfully at Poseidon and even I could not resist a smile.

Zeus's face then became serious and he glanced at us all before continuing. 'Unfortunately today is not all celebrations and happy faces. The matter of traitors and treason is not to be taken lightly and something must be done about it!' There were gasps as a handcuffed and beaten Annabeth and Reyna were dragged into the room. I looked around for Hassan but I didn't see him anywhere. Probably didn't want to see this and I couldn't blame him. Reyna had clearly been crying which is very unlike her but my wise girl scowled defiantly at Zeus before turning to me and managing a sad smile. "ENOUGH!" I yelled, making those nearest to me jump. "The Mercenaries have saved your lives and we deserve just payment. We ask for the lives of these two "traitors" as that payment." Zeus simply waved his hand at me. "I'm afraid not Perseus. Your leader assured me that our continued loyalty was payment enough." I looked towards Chaos but he would not meet my gaze.

"Regardless, this is my price... or do I have to humiliate you again?" I snarled, stepping forward. Zeus merely smirked and I took another step but I suddenly felt myself restrained. I turned to see Hephaestus, locking the handcuffs he had just placed me in. "I'm sorry Percy." He spoke,  but I could see the pain in his face clearly. I yelled and my mercenaries tried to run to me; but they found themselves similarly restrained by the children of Hephaestus. Zeus looked at us sadly and said." They may not have succeeded, but attempted treason is as abhorrent as treason itself. The punishment is death."
"NOOO!" I screamed as I strained against my bonds as did the others but it was too late. Hephaestus handed Zeus a ceremonial axe, the size of a truck, and as the mothers hid their children; I could only watch as the axe swung downwards.