Phase 2

Percy POV
I had been wandering around camp half blood for 3 hours trying to find Annabeth. There was a strategy meeting this morning and she never arrived. I still cared for her despite our current "frosty" relationship. Where could she/-  an Athena Camper yelled my name. I turned to see a little girl who promptly slapped me. 'Why did you do that? I asked rubbing my sore cheek. 'My sister is gone because of you. You're not a hero!' She then ran off sobbing. Now alarmed, I quickly sprinted to the Athena cabin and ran to Annabeth's bunk. There I found a note scrawled in Annabeth's handwriting.

Dear Percy
I can't keep up this facade up anymore. I know I look angry on the outside but that's a defence mechanism. You're my rock. Without you, I don't know how long I have till I lose my sanity again. I don't want to be a monster anymore! End has offered me a place in his army and promised me he would spare the demigods, my parents and most importantly you. I do this out of love for you Percy, not ill intent. Always thinking of you Seaweed Brain

Lots of love
Annabeth.

Ps: I didn't join alone. Watch your back.

I tore up the paper and ran from the Athena cabin tying to blink away the tears suddenly in my eyes. I sat under Thalia's pine and tried to clear my head. Who else could betray us? Suddenly it dawned on me as I teleported to Camp Jupiter. I rushed to the Temple of Vesta and banged on the doors. I heard no reply and I rushed to the Praetor's quarters. I entered swiftly to find Hassan clutching a note with a similarly devastated expression on his face. I put a hand on his shoulder and showed him the remains of my note. "We need to work together, now more than ever, to bring them back. "He looked up at me and held out his hand,"Friends?". I smiled and shook his hand.

Gaia POV.
Damn it, they still banded together after everything we have done. "EROS!" I barked. The god appeared and knelt once more. "Go and inform the boys of how you have orchestrated the girls' betrayal, it will sting even more now that the girls have betrayed them. Eros bowed once more as I sat back on my throne.
"Dance Puppets, Dance."