A rousing speech

Percy POV
I communed a council at Camp Half-Blood. 'Well,' I began,' this is a dangerous mission and most of us might not return. I do not fight for my life and neither should any of you. We fight for the future, our future and the future of every living being with good inside of them. We fight not for the gods but for each other. To battle !' I yelled raising Riptide, to show that I was still the hero who had let them to victory before; no matter how much I had changed: The crowd roared around me and raised their weapons in tandem

I then gathered the mercenaries and the others End requested. I saluted to the demigods and they returned the gesture. Just as I was about to speak, Ouranos appeared and whisked me away."Percy I know this may be bad timing but I want you to do me one last favour.' 'What is it my Lord?' I enquired. 'You already have two fathers will you accept one more?' I hugged Ouranos and quickly replied' Yes father I would be honoured.' We embraced and as he disappeared I couldn't shake a mugging sensation of finality; as if I would never see him again.

I led the individuals End required to the Canyon. Upon our arrival, before either of us could move a black and purple forcefield of energy was erected around us. End appeared and opened his arms and a beaten up and bruised Luke appeared next to me with a relatively unscathed Zoe beside him. Luke had obviously taken damage in an attempt to protect Zoe.

End had around 7000 monsters on the battlefield and more were coming by the moment. I threw a sword to Luke and a bow to Zoe. 'Everyone work on breaking the barriers! I'll fight alone!" "I can't say I'm eager to die again but neither am I willing to let you sacrifice yourself. We got this." Hassan declared as he unsheathed his axes while I pulled out my mace.

As the others focused on attacking the forcefield. I stood against the oncoming army...

( cliffhanger come on guys 5k goal 2k for this week! Remember comment if you want Thalico!)