Pleasure Pain

Reid was feeling even worse as they pulled up to the airport. She could practically feel her body in the air... there was nothing more she wanted to do then turn and run the other way. 

They had made it to the only airport in America that took people to Mortalla, a shitty little island in the middle of the ocean. It was used as a sort of... breeding ground. There were more reported drowning's on Mortalla then anywhere else in the world. It wasn't hard to quess why. 

Reid had drank even more blood on the second half of their trip then she did on the first. After the blood bank with Xavier drinking from her, she was more depleted than she should be. Xavier noticed her growing fatigue and felt his own growing as well. Fighting the link between them had a price. Xavier could handle it but with all things combined, Reid wasn't looking too great.

Truth was that there was a whole list of problems Reid was not trying to cope with. Extreme dehydration, nausea, salt depression, nutrient depletion, and all the other problems that also came with being linked to Xavier. That day at the blood bank, with Xavier's teeth in her throat, was the best she had felt in at least a week.

The closer they got to the island the more she wanted to hurl all over Xavier's SUV. It didn't sit well with her. Too many horrid memories clouded her mind. Too close to home she would have to go.

Reid heard Beka huff in annoyance from the passenger seat as they pulled into a parking space. She was looking down at her phone in her lap and Reid knew right away it was because Daniel wasn't answering. It had been nearly a week since they had left Maya Bay with no word from Daniel.

"You have to find him," Xavier said quietly.

Rebekah looked at him. "But what about you and Reid?" she stuttered.

"We will be fine. I will take her to Mortalla and help her with whatever she needs, but you need to find him," Xavier's voice was firm.

Beka nodded. He was their brother. "I'll go up to a bigger city and catch a plane there. But I have no idea where he is."

"Russia," Xavier said with positivity. "I tracked his cell there this morning."

"Victor and Maria," Beka said and Xavier nodded. "I'll call them, let them know I'm coming."

When Beka picked up her phone to call Xavier slapped a hand on her wrist. "If they know you are coming, he will leave."

Rebekah knew this was true. If he was in Russia, he wasn't looking to be found.

"You two need to go then," Rebekah said leaning into the back seat and smiling at Reid.

Reid smiled at her and collected her blanket. She fussed with folding it as Xavier and Rebekah got out and unloaded a few bags. Reid tried to compose herself a bit better. She pulled an elastic out and tied her hair up into a messy bun on the top of her head. Xavier brought around a pair of black tights and a longer hoodie for her to wear instead of the sweats she had been in for the last two days. She slipped them off as soon as he closed the door.

When she was finished, she was out of breath and she felt dizzy. She knew today was going to be a long day. As she stepped out onto her feet her legs collapsed from under her. Her knees were just about to hit the pavement when Xavier's hand clenched around her upper arm. His fingers would leave bruises.

He hauled her upright, annoyed. "Here," he said shoving a bag of blood at her.

Reid nodded and the movement made her head pound. She knew this would be her last bag until they landed, and there were no blood banks on the island. She would have to hunt. Taking the bag from him she downed it in a matter of seconds. Once she could stand on her own, Xavier released her.