Lambo

After the incident last night, Reid had a feeling that something was wrong with this town. Something else supernatural lives here as well as her and she wasn't sure what to do about it. Nothing could walk away from a siren's song. If something else knew of her existence, it could jeopardize all of the years she had done hiding. Without even trying, they could reveal her, and all hope for her continued escape would be lost.

Not that there was much hope at all for the Siren species. To the rest of the sea, they were murderous, uncontrollable creatures. And unlike their Mermaid counterparts, they were cursed. It wasn't their species fault that they were doomed to this way, no one really knew whose fault it was. Never the less, they still split the sea with the mermaids 50/50, and that was out of the complete generosity of the Sirens.

Reid could think of much worse in the sea than her. The sharks were always pinned for the sins of the ocean, but there were still other dark-dwelling creatures that she had known to kill humans without discretion, including her sisters. Of course, only the oceans knew they existed, but because of the advancements in human technology, it was just a matter of time before the things hiding deep in the ocean were discovered. She would feel sorry for the humans on that day.

Knowing something was wrong with this town only irritated Reid. The man, A, from last night was different. When people heard a siren sing, they were completely and absolutely under her command, and nothing but a siren's song can break it. He had heard her, and he had resisted her.

There were only a few problems; she knew only his name, or a fraction of it, the color of his eyes and the fact that he didn't run screaming for the hills at the sight of Mark. She hadn't killed him, she never found the use in killing, but sometimes it happened. Reid couldn't let herself get brought down by her monstrous way of life. She had to move on. Move on, find A and kill him before she was killed herself.

The most sensible thing for him to call her would be a vampire with the way she had drained the blood from Mark's body. But that was just Reid being civil. She really needed the heart of the man to have the complete set of nutrients, but Reid didn't need to do that to survive. It was just the way her life worked.

Vampires didn't exist, that she was pretty sure about. She had never seen one or seen any real proof that they were real. The same went for werewolves, Bigfoot, witches, and any other weird human fairy tales. However, in the back of her mind, she knew it could be possible. Vampires drank blood, Reid drank blood too, werewolves were supposed to change form, and Reid turned daily into a creature of the sea. Witches were a possibility; Reid had seen magic mainly from the Royals in her kingdom and in the mermaids as well. Bigfoot, on the other hand, she was skeptical about.

Reid lathered her hair in the huge tub and sunk down into the water to rinse it out. Her tail was hanging over the edge because it was too long to keep under the water. Having legs in the water was not a possibility for Reid. Anytime her human skin came in contact with water she would sprout a tale within a matter of minutes or sometimes even seconds.

She drained the tub, dried herself off, and when her legs shifted back, she stood and made her way to the closet. Her second day of school was in about an hour, and she was kind of excited to see Rebekah and Daniel again. They took some of the attention away from her, and they were kind enough.

Slipping into a pair of dark wash straight leg jeans her mind wondered to Daniel. He was undeniably attractive, and that was strange for Reid to think about a human like that. Using a beige bra with a white long sleeve shirt so it wouldn't show through she began to hum lightly to herself. The shirt had a scoop neck and was tight, hugging Reid's trim stomach. Her feet fell into plain black converse.