Vixen

***mature themes ***

"Mom?"

"Reid," Capri said smiling warmly at her.

Reid's heart began to beat faster and Xavier noticed. She smiled at her mom and struggled to move closer to her, exhausted within seconds. Xavier moved to help her but kept his gun raised at Capri's head.

"It's okay," Reid said to him. She brought her hand up to his arm and lowered the weapon. Her green eyes were dull all over again.

He sighed heavily and tucked it into the hem of his jeans. He crawled onto the bed and lifted her torso up before he tucked himself behind her. With a leg on either side of her, Reid laid back onto his chest and let out a contented breath of air. His touch would have this effect on her, make the pain ease a little. Her touch had calmed him seconds before when she had reached out and lowered his arm.

He wasn't sure what made him lay there behind her like that. Perhaps it was the need to express a claim on the female in some way. Perhaps it was that insufferable bond. 

Capri took notice. Took notice of how Xavier moved about Reid, how terrible Reid looked.

"When was the last time you...?" Capri looked between the two unsure how to ask. Unsure what he knew.

"Swam?" she questioned and Reid stained her mind to remember but Xavier answered for her.

"Almost a week now," he mumbled glancing up at Capri. Her eyes were green like Reid but her hair wasn't quite as red. Reid looked like the faded version now.

"A week?" Capri shrieked in a high pitch voice. "You need to swim... now!" Capri began to stand. "And when was the last time you ate?"

"A few hours ago." Xavier snarled low at the woman. Threatening. She was yelling at his mate.

Capri raised an eyebrow. "You just pack hearts around? Where is it? Your back pocket?" Capri hissed back. 

Xavier blinked.

"Mom," Reid said struggling to sit up further, "No."

Capri wasn't having it. "Reid this is nonsense. I'll get you something to eat."

Xavier's face glared at Capri. "Mom, listen to me! I don't do that anymore. I found another way."

Capri stopped. "And what way would that be?" She rolled her eyes.

Reid glanced back at Xavier. Her eyes asking permission.

Her mother wouldn't believe it if she told her. She would just have to prove it. 

He raised his wrist slightly and she took it in her hands. Capri watched silently as Reid's canines elongated. Her heart was pounding into Xavier's chest. It sounded around the room like a drum. She sunk her teeth into his flesh and as soon as the metallic liquid hit her lips she closed her eyes, failing to hold back a moan.

Xavier growled low. Pleasure in his bones, music in his ears...

Capri was beside the bed within the next second. She watched as her daughter's skin brightened, her cheeks going less hollow. The translucency faded and her hair... Stheno her hair.

Xavier was just a stranger to her. He was gritting his teeth yes but his face wasn't that of a male in pain. He was enjoying this... finding pleasure in it.

Reid's grip on Xavier's wrist tightened and she dug her nails into his flesh. Xavier grunted and opened his eyes. She had already taken to much from him.

"Reid, you're going to need to give some of that back," Xavier grunted. She opened her eyes and with all of the willpower she could muster, she pulled her red stained canines from his skin.