Predator not Prey

"You look amazing!" Rebekah chirped as she walked around her like a wild cat staking her prey. 

"Thanks," Reid replied smoothing out the beige and black skirt of her outfit, "you look good too."

Rebekah was dressed like the Queen of Hearts and her normally short hair was chin length and slightly curled. It was a different look then what Reid was used to seeing her with, but all week long Rebekah had been planning for this night. She had been working on her Halloween costume since the day Reid said she would go, and no matter how hard Reid tried to assure her that it was just a high school dance, she refused to listen to a single word against the subject.

Nothing would ruin her excitement.

"Thanks," she said slightly twirling the black and red skirt. the stalkings on her legs had a red bow holding them up in the middle of her thigh. Rebekah was going to give everyone at the dance a heart attack. 

The corset of the dress was enough to make her already tiny frame more contoured and curvy. Rebekah had a thinner build, and with the poof of the skirt and the ruffles over her breasts, it helped extenuate her lacking body parts.

"Pirate," Beka mused, "I like it." She crossed her arms over her chest while she looked Reid up and down. Reid had on combat boots and fish net stockings that she had borrowed from Rebekah's closet.  The dress she wore had a crinoline skirt that was longer in the back then it was in the front. Reid also had on a corset and it was done up over the white baggy shirt that Reid could remember seeing on Pirates in movies. Her red hair was messily curled and in a half up half down kind of thing as black shadowy eyeliner brought out the emerald in her eyes. Reid was beginning to like Halloween.

Reid beamed at her, excited about the little bit of normal she had accomplished. Daniel rounded the corner with a slight smirk plastered across his pale lips.

"You know," he began, "if you close the door the heating bill goes down."

"So?" Rebekah inclined, crossing her arms over her chest.

"So eventually we will run out of money and that means no more clothes for your fancy closet. Not that you even wear much..." he said trailing off and turning to walk away.

"Did you just call me a whore!" she yelled back threw the house.

"No," he said simply. Daniel came around the corner with his jacket and keys. "I implied it," he yelled with a smile and stepped into the gray muscle car parked out front.

Rebekah fumed from beside Reid and she laughed at her before running out to the passenger side of the car.

On the way to the dance, Rebekah talked non-stop about the dance and how much fun they would all have. Daniel refused to get dressed up, complaining about how it would ruin his reputation. But he was wearing black, all black.

During the days leading up to the dance, Reid found that Daniel liked to be around her just as much as much as she liked to be around him. They flirted nonchalantly and slightly teased one another but nothing went further than that. Reid would like to think that kissing Daniel would be a good idea but she knew that either she would either kill him then or kill him later if she got involved. Plus, she didn't quite trust him.

Reid had tried to snoop around their house more thoroughly but every time she got even remotely close to something Daniel or Rebekah would pull her attention away. All except the one time when Rebekah was late coming home from school. It was just her and Daniel at the house, in his room, alone. Daniel seemed slightly... uptight.

She still had yet to meet their older brother and she was told that he would be picking them up from the dance. Daniel didn't want to stay late and would be leaving part way through.