Vengence

Bullet after bullet hit their targets, that black pistol aimed true. Reid felt every one of them, as if was her hand on the gunmetal and not his. Her fingers twitched each time he pulled the trigger, the kickback jolting her wrists. He never missed, not once.

But she couldn't think about what he was doing. She had other problems.

A woman aimed a blade into Reid's spine while her mind had wondered to his deft fingers. Her hand closed around the edge, the metal cutting into the flesh of her palm. She bent it between her fingers and slammed it back into the woman's throat. More blood spilling into the water.

Another attack came from her right, and Reid's fin shot out in front of her, slicing a mermaids throat open with a simple flick. She was dead in a moment, more red added to the water.

Red with blood, red with fury... calling her friends here like moths to a flame.

Sharks descended, their keen eyes seeking out exactly who she wanted dead next. The Cato Jellies we're here too, hiding under the massive crowd of mermaids and sirens, plucking people from below and frying their brains.

The mermaids were heading toward the shore on their own now, finally realizing what kind of threat waited up there. That monster with green eyes like the queen, killing and dragging their young onto the sand to put shiny pieces of silver in their brains.

He moved to fast for them.

She twisted a woman into her grasp, back to her front and snapping her neck in a single breath.

Swift Mako sharks had made it here first, but now Great Whites ripped bodies apart every which way they turned. Bull sharks bloodied the water, placing limbs in their mouths and barrel rolling, ripping pieces from bodies.

Deep dwellers had even joined, giant squids and stingrays using their barbed tails to puncture hearts.

Reid knew she had to end this now. Lives ended every which was she looked. At this rate, there would be no one left to live in the great cities.

Her mouth opened, a scream ripping from it that was made of pure thunder. The whole ocean shook, shattering the concentration of everyone around her. It shredded their minds open, demanded their attention, screaming for them to listen. They didn't have a choice.

Everything retreated, sharks and other friends slipping into the darkness. Just like that she had ended it, she could have ended it before it even began...

She couldn't have done that though. No, no, no. They needed to see who she was, who she had become. Needed to see that the siren people were still superior no matter their numbers. Because they had been winning, cutting down their sisters like they were nothing but weeds in the seabed.

When the scream finally cut out, her eyes flew wide, emitting a brilliant green beam of pure light. It coated everything, setting the crystal blue sea into emerald. It glittered off of scales, gleaming as it ran along the sand.

Reid's red hair was all around, fanning behind her - her crown gleaming in the thin rays of sunlight that could reach it.

No one could look away; they had not seen a queen's showing in centuries. It was thought to be impossible now... Queen Capri had never even done this.

"I have had it," Reid bellowed into the water. People shook as it rocked against their skin. "We are finished here," she spat leaving no room for discussion. "Where is she?"

No one needed to ask who she referred to.

"Where is she?" she screamed. People cowered away, trying to avoid the splitting of their sanity with the force she was using.

Kira stepped away from the crowd, "no one knows, your majesty."

The little fucking tramp had fled.

She turned her back and began to swim away.

She could see the questions that were in their eyes as they bowed before her.

Had their own queen lied?

She didn't smell as if she bore a mutant child...

Had she already birthed it?

What about the sire? Did he still live?

But no one asked that single questions she feared most.

Was she fit to rule...?

No, that question didn't even cross their minds now, not when they had just seen who she was.

As the water grew too shallow to swim, a pair of boots waded into the water. He scooped her up, saving her from dragging her own body onto the sand like a beached whale.

He had heard the announcement, saw the water go green with light. A few others on shore had seen it too, the mermaids he had shot between the eyes beginning to gain consciousness.

She was pressed against his chest, her wet body soaking his t-shirt. Blood was splattered on his face and clothes. He held her as others began to climb onto the shore, waiting for her legs to return. They all watched, every pair of eyes turned to watch him holding her above the sand.

That man who wasn't a man... That queen who was so much more than a queen.

He set her down on heavy feet, pulling his t-shirt off for her to use as a cover for herself.

They were watched, examined, scrutinized by every soul in the water and on the sand. A male so close to a siren, so intimate with one, let alone the queen... Let alone a sire. A living breathing sire of a siren child, unheard of...

And he wasn't even human. No, he was more and less all at the same time. More of the power and strength, less emotion - cold and empty. He was a monster, just as she was.

Xavier just watched her, paying no attention to the eyes on his skin and face. Her skin was alight, eyes shining, hair gleaming - as fresh as spilled blood. She was healthy here, stronger then he had ever seen her.

She just turned away from him, paying no attention to the monsters gaze on her face.

He knew then what was to come. He could practically smell it on her...

Because Natalia would not show. She would not face her death head-on, she was too big a coward for that.

The hunt pulsed on her skin and on his skin in turn. It did it without his consent.

They would leave here again, together and apart at the same time, to hunt down a threat. Hunt down her pretty little blond head and bring it back on a spire.

She had attempted to murder a queen, killed a fingerling still in the womb, and then led her people into a massacre.

Reid would have her vengeance and Xavier with her.